Mando

Re: This Happened

Post by Mando »

wow, thats really tough. I am so sorry
"Yay! I'm for the other team."
Akiva

Post by Akiva »

I was asked twice today if Hitler had ever been president of the U.S. I find that weird.
Reel on a repeating loop
DMDarcs

Post by DMDarcs »

Had my first overnight session with the PD machine last night. And I feel great t his morning. I've been doing 3-4 manual exchanges a day for the past month or so, and quite often at the end lof those I would either get chills coursing through my body, or sudden horrible aching pain in my right shoulder. And then 3.5 hours, I'd go start the whole process again. But no chills or pain waking up this morning. The machine didn't bother me at all through the night. I actually feel energized waking up rather than the nead to go take a nap right away. My parents commented that my skin looks better. And this is just one night! I'm probably being overly optimistic right now, but screw it, I'm going to indulge in happiness for the time being.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Fingers crossed! That's great news!
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Awesome!
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Tahlvin wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 3:11 am My oldest and their partner are moving to Seattle! They got a job at a daycare center just a ways north of the Space Needle and found an apartment a few blocks away from their work. They are flying out on 8/26 while my wife and I will be driving their car out to them over Labor Day weekend. They're flying because a) they have a cat that won't handle the drive well but can be doped up for a half-day worth of flying, and b) there are a lot of anti-trans states/areas between Madison, Wisconsin, and Seattle, that they aren't comfortable traveling through.
Drove from Madison, WI, to Billings, MT, on Friday, then Billings to Seattle yesterday. We get to “rest” today, then head back starting Monday.
Mando

Post by Mando »

hoping the trip back is going well!
Mando

Post by Mando »

XBOX=0 wife=1

TL;DR
My wife accidentally made my favorite game cease to function and I am pouting

so...we finally got good internet at home that has better than dial up speeds so now we stream using the Xbox One apps.
We use Peacock, Netflix, Prime video, and Youtube occasionally.
This past Friday, Prime would not connect via Xbox, but it would with phones and laptops, etc.
However, my wife usually being very tech saavy said we needed to "reset the Xbox".
You probably know where this is going....and we were supposed to keep all our game-save data...SUPPOSED TO.

Now, I have found a little ditty of a game with good player interaction and lots of options at a cost of FREE which definitely rhymes with me.
Well, after what I am calling "The REAL great reset" that game and that one only will not let me play.
I now get the message "You must be signed in to an xbox live account to play this game" and I actually am signed in to an xbox live account...they are actually free. I thought. why not throw a few bucks at the xbox play pass to make sure theres no confusion....this changed nothing except my bank account balance.

Here I am 4 days later and everything is the same...still can't get Prime to work and now my xbox hates me.

I just want to know how she knew to do it...to do the one thing that would eliminate the one game I enjoyed most.
Is it a wife thing?
Is it the universe?
Is it bad luck?

I have no answers, so I am moving on and this is the only time or place I have even hinted at blaming my wife. She is not to blame. Nobody is.
It's just dumb luck

btw:the game is World of Tanks. I recommend it highly. Good graphics and it is free to play.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Mando wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2024 8:49 pm hoping the trip back is going well!
Trip back was fine. We left very, very early Monday morning, drove straight through without spending the night anywhere (other than a quick nap in a rest area at one point), switched driving duties a few times, and made it back home to Madison Tuesday morning. Then used the rest of Tuesday to catch up on sleep.