Personal intro music

Mike

Personal intro music

Post by Mike »

If you had to pick one song that would play as your personal intro music whenever you walked into a room, what would that song be? I already know my answer, and I didn't even have to think about it. But I'll share that when I'm not using voice to text.

Qualifier: it has to be a song that is played loud enough for everyone to hear, and they all know it's because of you.
Any time the solution is "banjo rifle", I'm in 100%.
Kyle

Re: Personal intro music

Post by Kyle »

Pictures of Matchstick Men as covered by Camper Van Beethoven. Just for the violin intro.

Mike's is Pretty Fly for a White Guy by The Offspring.
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

Tough one, how long is the intro? The best intros have a bit of suspense at the beginning, builds to a crechendo or drop. Doesn't fit me but one of you should call dibs on Turn Down For What

poorpete

Post by poorpete »

If we were going for
- exciting intro with some build
- meaningful to me
- party vibes
- a little bit cheesey
mine might have to be
Mike

Post by Mike »

I LOVE Pictures of Matchstick Men. And Celebration is A) a great intro song and B) incredibly appropriate for Pete.

My own choice is Super Bon Bon by Soul Coughing. I fell in love with it after seeing it as Nathan Fillian's intro song on an episode of Castle...

Eliahad

Post by Eliahad »

Kyle

Post by Kyle »

Mike wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:04 pm I LOVE Pictures of Matchstick Men. And Celebration is A) a great intro song and B) incredibly appropriate for Pete.

My own choice is Super Bon Bon by Soul Coughing. I fell in love with it after seeing it as Nathan Fillian's intro song on an episode of Castle...

That's fucking boss.
poorpete

Post by poorpete »

Ooh classical, if I was a entering an arena or a relief pitcher being brought in from the bullpen and have to cross left field, so I got time to play up the drama for two minutes I'd pick

The build is so good but those false starts would make the crowd go nuts!

I'd appear at 19 seconds, and enter the ring/mound at 2:01
Mike

Post by Mike »

poorpete wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:52 am Ooh classical, if I was a entering an arena or a relief pitcher being brought in from the bullpen and have to cross left field, so I got time to play up the drama for two minutes I'd pick

The build is so good but those false starts would make the crowd go nuts!

I'd appear at 19 seconds, and enter the ring/mound at 2:01
In 1988, I watched Powaqqatsi at the little single-screen Dundee Theater in Omaha. I went at the suggestion of a female friend I was inappropriately crushing on, and I saw it with zero prior knowledge. Even as the dumb, uncultured kid I was then, I think I could have enjoyed it some if I'd known what I was getting into. Because I'd never had a theater-going experience even vaguely like this. I distinctly remember somewhere around the 15 minutes mark thinking, "You know what? I don't think there IS going to be any dialogue! Or narrative! Holy crap... I think the whole 'movie' is just two hours of THIS!"

And then, of course, I had to walk out at the end and awkwardly talk about how much I loved it, because Charlotte was absolutely transported by the experience, and I couldn't have her thinking I was some sort of Philistine.

Not exactly my proudest moment, and I've never had any urge to revisit this film as a result, but with that context and hearing the music here again 35 years later, I can say... Yeah, that's pretty powerful. It's a great choice, Pete. I would not be embarrassed to have that as my own intro music even.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

Non-classical:

I need to think about the classical version...
Mike

Post by Mike »

Tahlvin wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 12:13 pm Non-classical:

I need to think about the classical version...
Use the radio edit of Jump Around though. Start with those four dignified notes before all hell breaks loose. That's awesome.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

That's the version they use during the 3rd quarter at University of Wisconsin football games, if you've ever seen them shake the stadium.
Tahlvin

Post by Tahlvin »

In situations requiring more of a classical flair, I keep coming back to this as a good attention-grabber:

I guess that means I'm a common man.
Mando

Post by Mando »

mine:

"Yay! I'm for the other team."
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

Tahlvin wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:39 pm That's the version they use during the 3rd quarter at University of Wisconsin football games, if you've ever seen them shake the stadium.
Sometimes you get a new piece of information that calls into question all the previous information and you wonder if you ever really knew anything! This is your theme song. I... don't even know! It fits, however, it fits with the running, and some other things! They do this in the stadiums I have frequented and needless to say, I find it terrifying and pray for it to end before the entire building crumbles to the earth. The kids do love it though.
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

I searched within for about a second to see what My Song would be and this was the first thing that bubbled up, and then this video I have NEVER SEEN BEFORE came up and that really clinches everything. I understand everything now, it's all clear. This is both the MUSIC you'd want to roll into a room upon, but it's also, like, an expression of the essence living in there... I don't know why or how, but this is about as close as you get to whatever is going on in my brains on a day:

The actual music starts at like 2:50 but the intro ties everything together.
Kyle

Post by Kyle »

What was I thinking. Of course:

Akiva

Post by Akiva »

Maybe this?

Years ago in grad school, I was in a fantasy football league that had lots of quasi-roleplaying stuff with our team mascots. My mascot, 2 Tone Ted, used to have this song playing in the background while doing his monologues. Also, I want this played at my funeral.
Reel on a repeating loop
Mando

Post by Mando »

I have given this concept way too much thought over my 4 day weekend.

One question:
Am I the only one who thinks the Imperial March would be the absolute best? I saw what you were all posting and toned down my nerdiness, but I can no longer live that lie.

Mine has to be the Imperial March:
Phoebe

Post by Phoebe »

The only problem here is that you felt you had to tone down your nerdiness somehow? Is that not verboten in this place? If not here then where? If not now then when? Of course this is the proper song.
Mando

Post by Mando »

Phoebe wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 8:35 pm The only problem here is that you felt you had to tone down your nerdiness somehow?
Well, I assumed that if any nerd could have any song as their theme they'd pick that one so when that didn't happen I was actually apprehensive at taking the easy pick.

My brain did this. It's not my fault.