[20Q] A Creature

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

[20Q] A Creature

Postby Kyle » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:36 pm

This is 20 Questions! You must ask questions yes or no, questions. I will answer them. Can you guess the answer in 20 questions? The Rules:

1- This is a cooperative game, not competitive. You are working together to guess the answer. Discussion among yourselves and consensus of the Official Questions and guesses is highly encouraged, but not a rules requirement.

2- I will only answer Official Questions.

3- Official Questions are questions posted by someone in bold type. The question must be a "yes or no" question.

4- If the answer to the Official Question cannot be answered with a yes or no. I will tell you that the question is not being answered and it will not count against your question count.

5 - Instead of an Official Question, you can make a guess-- again in bold type. If you have asked less than 20 questions already, and your guess is wrong, then it counts against your question count.

6 - After 20 questions have been answered, you can make a guess, as outlined in 5. If you are right, you win! If you are wrong, I will provide the answer.

7- Only one Official Question or guess may be posted at a time. DO NOT POST AN OFFICIAL QUESTION OR GUESS UNTIL I ANSWER THE PENDING OFFICIAL QUESTION OR GUESS. In other words, if an Official Question is posted and I have not answered it yet, then do not post another Official Question-- if you do, your question will be ignored in all respects.

8- Gameshitters will not be allowed to participate. If you have a funny question or guess- please post it, but not in bold. That way everyone will appreciate how clever and funny you are, but it doesn't burn up the question count. Players that I deem to be intentionally wasteful or working against the spirit of the game won't be allowed to participate.

9- I will edit this first post to track the Official Questions, guesses and the answers.

10- Have fun! A wise person once told me: "Games should be fun."

I have preselected a creature. Can you guess it in 20 questions?

1: Does it appear in the 3 edition D&D Monster Manual? No.
Zombie
The Zombdigitty
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [20Q] A Creature

Postby Zombie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:39 pm

Should we ask land based vs water based?
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:58 pm

That can't be answered with Yes or No...

We can ask if it is Land Based... (I don't think we can include water based in the question and have it still be yes or no.)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Does it appear in the 3 edition D&D Monster Manual?
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:39 pm

Eli's question is solid. I vote to make it official.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:52 am

Could also ask an exemplar of the creature is currently living. If no, ask if it was ever living, to disentangle extinct from mythical.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:36 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:43 am

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:54 pm

Okay we should narrow down what creature actually means, then. For example, does a bacterium or virus count as a creature? Or maybe if we went with size, "Is it smaller than a tarantula?" for example, we could eliminate a large portion of the animal kingdom in one fell swoop.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:18 pm

Not a bad idea. Or could ask if its warm blooded. Ultimately, I'd probably want to know if this is mythical or not.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:42 am

The answer was Koko the sign-languaging gorilla.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:25 am

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:18 am

Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:14 pm

So it was land based?

Return to “The Gaming Table”