This Happened

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: This Happened

Postby mimekiller » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:49 pm

talking to a first respondeder buddy and they found a lady in her backyard, with a book of human anatomy with the brain cord circled and a MIRROR with herself dead by a self inflicted gun shot, now THAT is doing your prep for your suey
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:07 am

So tired that while getting the kids to school I've been sitting here listening to Van Halen's jump as if it were some sort of great opera. In a dazed trance state. This after 7 good hours of sleep, but still playing catch-up on so many days of four to five hours.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:38 am

I just found out that my uncle died a few days ago. I wasn't even a bit close to him--for example, I haven't seen him in more than 20 years. But he was always around when we visited my grandfather when I was a kid, and I have a lot of good memories of him. I always liked him. And now only 1 of my grandfather's children (well, my grandmother's children too, but she died before I was born) is still alive.

I'm not sure how this is going to affect me.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:20 pm

Oh, I am sorry to hear about your uncle. It is a weird thing too, moving slowly into this generation of family layers where more people are newer to earth and fewer are the ones you knew growing up. I hope you are getting through the week ok; today feels like a second Monday.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:43 pm

Thanks.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:59 pm

You are 2/5 of the way through this week.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:58 pm

Bad night. Hyper aware of how much of a fuck up I am.

Man, I’m incredibly repetitive.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:58 pm

Hope things are better tonight. We inch closer to the weekend!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:08 am

The place that was providing child care for two years just inexplicably stopped doing it last month, and I'm officially at the limit of being able to juggle the consequences. I can either quit my job or move my kid to a new school and destroy his life and break his heart. Or I can take him out of school repeatedly halfway through the day so that I can solve the childcare problem, which is what I have to do, until someone complains? Maybe they won't complain. Pretty sure there are attendance rules; never wanted to get this close to testing their limits.
:cry:
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Sep 16, 2019 1:22 pm

Had to yell at a class today for the first time this year. Barely 2 weeks in. Doesn't bode well for the future.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:17 pm

Ooooh what did they do? Does the yelling work, or I mean does it achieve some specific effects?
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:19 pm

They were talking and playing on phones when they were supposed to be listening and taking notes.

Yelling works for the very short term. When it’s the only card you’ve got, you want to play it as late as possible. So this isn’t good.
Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:56 pm

Going to see my shrink tomorrow, so I’m sure everything will be fixed by tomorrow evening.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:45 pm

I am happy for you, I should do the same. Instead I made a terrible mistake: I drank a finger of Glenlivet while sitting outside in the relative darkness. I now have four thousand bites from some kind of terribly itchy biter; everything from the ankle down is in fiery agony and I have given up on the usual "don't touch it" advice and am frantically clawing at my feet with a scratchy bedspread to get whatever scrap of relief is possible until the Benadryl kicks in, and that's where the lesser error in having already drunk whisky comes in.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:19 pm

I’ve been at it for a while, so I doubt things will change much tomorrow.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Sep 21, 2019 10:45 pm

Well what happened? Hopefully something good.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:26 am

Same as ever. I don't think it helps.
Reel on a repeating loop
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sun Sep 22, 2019 9:51 am

Do you think you need a different therapist? Have you been going to the same person?
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:28 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Sep 22, 2019 1:35 pm

Please allow me to put in a plug for actual hypnosis, not the b******* kind that promises to cure your smoking habit in 6 sessions, but the kind that is more like guided meditation. You can take a look at the various building blocks of your psyche from a totally different perspective.

Return to “Nerd Babble”