Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby akiva » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:04 am

Everyone you love leaves a mark on your soul

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:34 am

I dunno ... it's an understandable sentiment and seems like it should be true, but is it? Or let's put it this way, do they mark it more than anything else you happen to encounter? Like I'm sitting here looking at a box of Always ultra thin maxi pads, and though I feel affectionate toward them I don't really love them the way I have loved certain other people. Yet I feel like those pads have marked my soul, or neurons, whatever, more than some of the people. In particular I find that people who aren't nice to my parents, in whatever tangential fashion, are very easily discarded. Much more easily purged from one's soul than an Always ultra thin maxi pad.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:15 am

A twofer this morning.

Reel on a repeating loop
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:31 am

Days like this (rainy/stormy) make me want to listen to this and hide in the basement or play Skyrim.

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:09 pm

One of my favorite Sting songs

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:00 pm

A chipper tune for FRIDAY!!!

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:20 am

Long ago in a land far away (1988 in Bitburg, Germany) I was introduced to Mike Oldfield as we played Rolemaster RPGs at a friend's home. It was the ambient music.

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:20 am

Until the shaking stops
The shaking stops

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:05 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:07 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:29 pm

I am obsessed with this whole ... the whole thing.

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:09 pm

I can't help thinking of Super Mario Sunshine Island or whatever it was. It is insidious though. I can't stop listening.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:07 pm

If you step off this cliff you will find yourself in an abyss of pan music. It's unbelievable. So much. So astonishing.
For example, bees:

And then you'll be rolling along through these and find something Brand New:

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:43 pm

New musics:

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Nov 07, 2018 6:52 am

Latest thing on our home's musical radar: BTS

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Nov 07, 2018 9:54 am

When I was young I didn't like songs by women about men, because it was weird (queer?) to sing along to being in love with a man. I was dumb. Jump ahead 20 years, and this is one my favorite love songs, and I'll never not sing along to it.

Happy 75, Joni
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:46 am

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:39 pm

Bluedevyl and I have started hosting trivia nights at the local art gallery every other Tuesday. I've been coming up with a playlist for background music as people enter and we pack up for the evening, as well as in between rounds while people are getting coffee, snacks, and finishing up their answer sheets. They are somewhat loosely themed with the question rounds. (And probably a big reason I can't just record the sessions and post them as a podcast.) It's also a frightening look into my psyche, though this one is tamer. Last week's session went from Raffi to Bauhaus. Thought I'd share.

Oh, and don't tell Bluedevyl the playlist. I like surprising him.

Peter Schickele - "Unbegun" Symphony
Johnny Cash - A Boy Named Sue
Paul Simon - You Can Call Me Al
They Might Be Giants - Istanbul
The Beatles - I Am the Walrus
Destiny's Child - Say My Name
Rodney Carrington - Fred
Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
Madonna - Holiday
Steve Martin and the Toot Uncommons - King Tut
Kerris Dorsey & Justine Dorsey - Best Worst Day Ever
"Weird Al" Yankovic - Pancreas
Donkey Kong Country Theme
Teresa Brewer - Music! Music! Music!
cdza - An Abridged History of Western Music
The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever [Love version]
Prince - Little Red Corvette
Cartoon Planet - The Water Song
Billy Joel - River of Dreams
Justin Timberlake - Cry Me a River
The Staple Singers - Wade In The Water
"Weird Al" Yankovic - Skipper Dan
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:05 am

One fine day you may say to yourself, self, I know you are capable of fixing all the crap that might be wrong in your life, so why don't you just go ahead and do that now? I'll wait. There is an easy solution: play this song one time every day and do as the man instructs. I've been doing this for a few months now and it's remarkable!

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:39 pm

Vince Girauldi Trio - Thanksgiving Theme
Ray Charles & James Taylor - Sweet Potato Pie
Cab Calloway - Everybody Eats When They Come To My House
Bob's Burgers - Kill the Turkey
Arthurs - Potato Song/Bach Prelude
The Wiggles - Hot Potato
Spike Jones - Pass The Biscuits, Mirandy
Moxy Fruvous - Johnny Saucep'n
Frank Zappa - Muffin Man
The Byrds - I Am a Pilgrim
R.E.M. - Pilgrimage
Spike Jones - The Covered Wagon Rolled Right Along
Paul Revere & The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament of the Cherokee Reservation)
Cher - Half-Breed
Randy Newman - You've Got a Friend In Me
The Wonders - That Thing You Do!
Art of Noise - Dragnet '88
The TV Theme All-Stars - My Life
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Give It Away
Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
Ella Fitzgerald - Give Me the Simple Life
Sly & The Family Stone - Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)
Alanis Morisette - Thank U
Dido - Thank You

Return to “Nerd Babble”