Trump

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Trump

Postby Phoebe » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:45 am

So glad the person making secret tapes of Trump is Omarosa, and not someone who would work against the security interests of the U.S.! Close shave there.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:24 pm

Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:47 pm

I'm sure it's very difficult to think of all the possible security concerns that can arise, but I'm also pretty sure it's someone's job, and yet the average County Fair seems to be a hundred times better managed and run. That's what you get when you elect a reality TV star Carnival Barker. One of my teachers back in the day used to lament the advent of Reagan as the triumph of the Superficial TV era over substance. I think that poor man has passed away before he would witness this.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:17 pm

There are a number of people who does this kind of thing for living. More likely a lot of people in adminstration just ignore or don't care.

Idiots.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:49 am

Everytime I look at the newspaper I'm simply reminded that I know very few people who voted for Trump who would not do it again. So no matter what happens, we're still f*****. Also, our rock is slowly burning up and acidifying. I just need to get to Friday basically.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:25 am

Same here, but I also don't live in a place with a lot of Obama/Trump voters. By the numbers, about 1 in 9 people who voted for (or would have voted for) Obama in 2012 voted for Trump in 2016. 8-9 million people. These are people who are dissatisfied with the system, are convinced the world is rigged against them, and who simply want change. These are the Trump voters who can be convinced to switch.

But I live in Nebraska, where we are almost as right leaning as can be, where polarization is most extreme, and where there just aren't that many Obama-Trump voters to be had.

By no means am I saying this is a sure thing. I think Trump has a decent chance of winning reelection in spite of everything going on. But I also don't see it as hopeless.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:43 pm

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:45 pm

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD

Watching Season three which has a interesting story line of BUNDY RANCHER VS INDIANS story that works for me more then anything else in the serious previously.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:40 pm

You are high and posting in the wrong thread, or just posting while high generally.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:08 pm

FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:16 pm

Clue in ancient Greece.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Studies that look at accuracy of polling companies after the fact show Rasmussen to have the highest error rate on average of major pollsters as well as an average 4 point lean towards Republicans.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:39 pm

Yup, I know. And it appears that bias is slowly growing as well.

The reason why I went into analysis, because if you assume that bias is done relatively uniformly through repeated polling, you have to admit that the rise in 2-3 months is just too astounding to be true. What policies did Trump implement? Did I miss anything?

Clue in ancient Greece.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:37 pm

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:36 pm

DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:12 am

If his twitter is a measure of anxiety, wow, he has concerns. But what other avenue does he have? The best thing going for him is that some significant chunk of voters (and non-) believe anything he says, so he might as well hammer home his witch hunt/fake news memes as hard as he can before things get even worse. I pray that someone with the actual national security interests of the US is still sufficiently behind the wheel, or the various little wheels. Until climate change collapses civilization, you know.
:banana:
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:09 pm

saying Manafort conviction big blow to Trump, yet never acknowledge fact that none of the charges involve any unsavory dealings with Russians. Where is the meddling?
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:21 pm

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Aug 21, 2018 4:49 pm

It also makes clear that they are going to get these people and throw them all in prison, an important message to anybody else they're leaning on to seal up even more important targets of the investigation.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:29 pm

Clue in ancient Greece.

Return to “Nerd Talk”