[GCPH] Gen Con 0

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[GCPH] Gen Con 0

Postby DMDarcs » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:56 pm

For those who don't know, I'm obsessed with the Gen Con Puzzle Hunt. OBSESSED. The past two years I've gotten the answers for every puzzle (not independently), and almost completed this years. This year, I tried to keep track of the puzzles, and I'll post the ones that I can here for those of you who didn't complete them to get a chance. Every puzzle has an answer, which is usually a single word (sometimes a phrase). What you need to do is not always obvious. Here's the first one for you to solve:

1967: Gen Con 0

It was five decades ago that Gary Gygax opened his home to his friends to partake in some games. In that initial year, called Gen Con 0, "Attendees" were able to imitate melee combat through gaming whilst fulfilling the innermost needs of a gaming enthusiast. This quaint arena in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin was the ideal location for friends to simulate battles. Who knew that role playing soldiers, planes, tanks, and the like can evoke the greatest memories for decades to come? As you enjoy the weekend, find each five-letter word in this paragraph, search for a perfectly placed connection from sentence to sentence, and transport your written 1967 puzzle answer to the happy historians at Puzzle Hunt HQ.
Last edited by DMDarcs on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Re: [GCPH] Gen Con 0

Postby Eliahad » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:21 am

*bump*
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:40 pm

Last edited by Stan on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:53 pm

Missed a word.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:13 pm

First Hint:

"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:04 pm

Solved, but heavens this is missing one thing.
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:16 pm

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:10 pm

Flame's got the right answer.

Second hint:
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:25 am

The answer is: .

How I solved it:

Return to “The Gaming Table”