[Game] Top 20 MCU Properties

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: [Game] Top 20 MCU Properties

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:45 pm

Eliahad: Spiderman: Homecoming... #10 -- 3 points. An excellent Spiderman. An excellent entrance into the MCU. I'm almost thinking I should have rated it higher, because I think Michael Keaton's portrayal of Vulture is my favorite villain performance. A well-written villain.

Tahlvin: Captain America: The First Avenger... #2 -- 5 points. I love Cap. I love his origin story here. I love the historical setting. Cap is a goddam true American Hero!

Zombie: Captain America: Civil War... #13 -- 3 points. I love the number of heroes in this one. I love the fight at the airport. It was glorious. I felt the motivations were poorly written. I had a great time watching it, but if they're going to do Civil War from the comics, it needed far more emotional heft than this.

poorpete: The Incredible Hulk... #16 -- 2 points. I remember enjoying it, but I barely remember anything about it. Every time I recall anything from this movie, I have to stop and say, "No... that was Ed Norton." Dammit, why can't I remember Ruffalo Hulk from his own movie? I adore Ruffalo Hulk in everything else he's been in. Obviously forgettable.

Kyle: Iron Fist... #17 -- 2 points. Sorry, man. I know you thought this would be rock bottom, but there's two flawed, forgettable movies below this even, and then the true worst is... well, no hints. Iron Fist was engaging. I liked it. I liked the characters. I was too stupid to recognize many of the plot holes until they were pointed out to me later (let's hide out at the dojo!), and now that I recognize that, Iron Fist has slipped towards the bottom. Just not the very bottom.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zombie
The Zombdigitty
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zombie » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:56 pm

Doctor Strange
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:45 pm

Daredevil
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:45 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:19 pm

Iron Man II
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:08 pm

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:24 pm

Iron Man 3
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:12 pm

Zombie: Doctor Strange... #11 -- 3 points. Great movie. Added some new twists to superhero stuff. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Only wish it could have taken itself more seriously.

Kyle: Daredevil... #8 -- 3 points. This should be worth more than 3 points. Daredevil was rock solid. I think both seasons are about 2 episodes too long, but I was completely engaged and on the edge of my seat through both.

Zen: Iron Man 2... #18 -- 1 point. This was a let-down from Iron Man. Whiplash was a dumb villain and a waste of talent. Sam Rockwell was awesome though.

poorpete: Iron Man 3... #20 -- 5 points. Ding ding ding ding ding! This piece of shit was terrible. The whole thing was an excuse to get 20 Iron Man suits on the screen at the same time showing off their powers. It's like someone asked how they can quadruple their action figures with a single movie. It was nonsensical. It was the same story arc we've seen Tony have twice before. Plus, the consequences of this technology is just completely ignored for future movies. This Iron Man army is essentially a world-breaker, and they just hand-wave it away because Tony decided he's not going to use it, while undercutting it with the idea that (yeah... maybe he will). Bad movie! Bad movie!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:15 pm

Only three left! Who wants them?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:28 pm

Interesting side note: Under the traditional scoring we've used on these games, the rankings would be exactly the same (including Kyle and Eli being tied), with the exception that without the bonus for the last place pick, Pete would be someone in the middle of the pack.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:41 pm

Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:45 pm

Thor
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:02 pm

Thor 2: Thor can't pick up his hammer
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:01 pm

Kyle - Ultron - 3pts.
Zombie - Thor - 2pts.
Eliahad - Thor 2 - 1pt.

Game over! Zombie and Kyle end in a tie!
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:18 pm

Fuck yeah! Tie!

Return to “The Gaming Table”