[Game] Top 20 MCU Properties

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Mike
Boy of Summer

[Game] Top 20 MCU Properties

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:33 pm

Following Kyle's lead, the game here is to guess MY rankings of the top 20 Marvel Cinematic Universe movie and television properties. Properties must be part of the MCU, and must be movies or TV shows I have seen. I will let you know right off that I have never seen Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. or Agent Carter or The Defenders (although I'm getting to the last one soon). Multiple seasons of a TV show still count as a single property, so don't worry about ranking Season 1 versus Season 2 or whatever. Feel free to use whatever resources you need to try to figure these out.

Post just one guess at a time and don't post another until I have recognized and ranked your guess.

Points will be awarded slightly differently:

#1 -- 6 points
#2-3 -- 5 points
#4-7 -- 4 points
#8-13 -- 3 points
#14-17 -- 2 points
#18-19 -- 1 point
#20 -- 5 points

MCU TITLES
1 - Guardians of the Galaxy (Eliahad)
2 - Captain America: The First Avenger (Tahlvin)
3 - Jessica Jones (DMDarcs)
4 - Luke Cage (FlameBlade)
5 - The Avengers (poorpete)
6 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier (Zombie)
7 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2 (Kyle)
8 - Daredevil (Kyle)
9 - Iron Man (Stan)
10 - Spiderman: Homecoming (Eliahad)
11 - Doctor Strange (Zombie)
12 - Avengers: Age of Ultron (Kyle)
13 - Captain America: Civil War (Zombie)
14 - Thor (Zombie)
15 - Ant-Man (Tahlvin)
16 - The Incredible Hulk (poorpete)
17 - Iron Fist (Kyle)
18 - Iron Man 2 (Zen)
19 - Thor 2 (Eliahad)
20 - Iron Man 3 (poorpete)

Not part of the MCU:
X-Men: First Class (Zen)

RANKINGS
1st Kyle 12 pts
1st Zombie 12 pts
3rd poorpete 11 pts
4th Eliahad 10 pts
5th Tahlvin 6 pts
6th DMDarcs 5 pts
7th FlameBlade 4 pts
8th Stan 3 pts
9th Zen 1 pt
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [Game] Top 20 MCU Properties

Postby Stan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:38 pm

Iron Man
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Eliahad » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:03 pm

Guardians of the Galaxy
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:13 pm

The avengers
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:36 pm

Captain America: Winter Soldier
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:47 pm

Jessica Jones
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:19 pm

Luke Cage
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:10 pm

X-Men: First Class
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:16 am

Antman.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:31 am

Question-

Because Guardians has been taken, does that include Guardians Chapter 2? Because if not, then I pick Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

If it does, then I pick Iron Fist (going for the 20 slot).
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:39 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:09 am

Stan: Iron Man... #9 -- 3 points. The first true comic book superhero movie in my mind, only diminished over time in my mind, because it set the formula for origin stories that has been copied ad nauseum since then.

Eliahad: Guardians of the Galaxy... #1 -- 6 points. Damn skippy! More fun than a movie has any right to be. Caught me totally off guard, and I love it.

poorpete: The Avengers... #5 -- 4 points. Solid film.

Zombie: Captain America: The Winter Soldier... #6 -- 4 points. This is what Captain America is all about. I don't know that this film got enough credit for showing that Cap is MOST patriotic when he is defying an unjust government.

DMDarcs: Jessica Jones... #3 -- 5 points. Good call, Darcs. I still love Jessica Jones so much. I want to watch it again, but it was a lot of emotional work the first time through.

FlameBlade: Luke Cage... #4 -- 4 points. Luke Cage kicks so much ass! Choosing the order between this and Jessica Jones was tough. The most upbeat of the Netflix series, this one just makes me happy.

Zen: X-Men: First Class... not a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. But definitely my favorite of the X-Men movies. And that's saying a lot, because X-Men, X2 (and from what I hear, Logan) are all such good films.

Tahlvin: Ant-Man... #15 -- 2 points. And here's where this list gets tricky. I like Ant-Man. I spoke very highly of Ant-Man when it came out. It's still only number 15. Because with few exceptions, I enjoy Marvel movies--even the ones that don't match up to the best of them.

Kyle: Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol 2... #7 -- 4 points. This is why I changed the scoring system. I LOVE this film. So good. I agonized over the rankings of my top 10. And if I had this much trouble telling which one I liked best, it seemed unfair to punish you guys by four or five points when GotG2 and Luke Cage are sooooooo close for me (for example).
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:22 am

Spiderman: Homecoming
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:28 am

Captain America: The First Avenger
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:45 am

Captain America: Civil War
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:17 am

The Incredible Hulk
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:39 am

Iron Fist!
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:02 am

Perhaps I need some help knowing what exactly the "MCU" is... XMen is a Marvel property, correct? So why isn't First Class part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe? How can I tell what is part of the MCU?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:13 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:11 pm

If you Google Marvel Cinematic Universe, you can get the full official list. In addition to the movies and TV shows, it also includes certain comics and some special online content, but I'm limiting it to TV and movies, because I've never seen the other stuff.

Return to “The Gaming Table”