[Puzzler] Pirate Booty

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [Puzzler] Pirate Booty

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Rationality still demands cooperation, though, or else you're artificially excluding cooperative strategies from the game. Nothing wrong with doing so - that is how you get an answer to the original question, after all - but other patterns could be identified as most likely if cooperation is an option, and there's a built-in tension between asking players to be rational deciders and also to assume absolute certainty that cooperation is never an option even when it would be rational.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:35 pm

So true. I think I'm gonna stick with my current strategy for solving these though.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:13 pm

I find all these puzzles fascinating. Sometimes I've heard of them but mostly not. Thinking about them opens a great window into so many things.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:25 am

I hate to spoil it- but I came up with the solution:

Return to “The Gaming Table”