We're not cool with Mel Gibson, right?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: We're not cool with Mel Gibson, right?

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:19 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:29 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:50 am

Well said, Phoebe.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:16 am

Okay, wait. So we're all not cool with Mel Gibson except Zen, right? Zen loves Mel Gibson, but the rest of us are like: start walking, brother.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:18 am

To be fair, if you spend a couple Christmases in Aspen with a dude, it's really hard to justify trashing him to your friends online.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:24 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:34 pm

Oh no! My zinger was cleverly subverted and turned back on me! Why oh why did I not call rubber/glue so that all of this could have been prevented?
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:01 pm

I'm not a fan of Mel Gibson. Don't think he's a good guy. Don't rush out to see his movies, but also don't think he should be banned from making or appearing in them.

Polanski on the other hand... convicted child rapists who flee the country to dodge sentencing should be banned from ever making movies that hit theaters, let alone Oscar nominated films post conviction.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:12 pm

Okay, so I'm just updating the scorecard here. People who regularly brunch with Mel Gibson: Zombie and Zen. People who are not cool with Mel Gibson: everyone else.
buckett
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby buckett » Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:40 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:18 pm

Well I'm writing things that you really shouldn't write in public, I have a question about Mel Gibson that has always bothered me these many years. Why is this man, who makes Bazillions of dollars and probably does not have a difficulty finding lady friends, so maniacally obsessed with b*******? Here the forum's handy mechanisms suppress the word so you will have to infer it. Is this a problem for him in his daily life? Does he have to work hard to negotiate this? If this can be a normal thing like breakfast and nap time for normal people, then what the hell is wrong in Mel Gibson's life? I ask you. I've just never been able to understand it.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:21 pm

What word is the board suppressing? Cuz I don't think is does that, AND I have no idea what you mean.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:44 pm

I'm as puzzled as you are. I tried to duplicate the effort and failed. It must be my phone autocorrect? That damn thing is the bane of my existence. I want it on to save time but the costs are significant. Anyway, why does Mel Gibson have such problems with this that he was freaking out about it in such an unpleasant manner?
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:43 pm

Your point is that he's attracted to these terrible women who are deserving of the abuse he heaps on them. Stupid b-words. Why do they act like the type of person he's attracted to? Don't they know better?
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:14 am

Don't know if you are joking? My question is why Mel Gibson was freaking out about his oral sex activities, which seems like it should be a happy activity and not a hostile threat to one's spouse. Seemed indicative of truly weird issues on his part, not hers.

Return to “Nerd Talk”