MARS NEEDS COWS

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: MARS NEEDS COWS

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:35 pm

Eliahad - I will likely increase the number of cards. Right now the purple cows are a only in one card explicitly. Given that they are 1 in 26, I want to be careful with them.

Human abduction sounds cool. I would need to figure out how you can spend abducted humans. Maybe to trade out an upgrade or as victory points. You would not be able to get them out of your saucer, so you couldn't hold as many cows.

Mike, you are awesome.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cazmonster » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:54 am

Ran my first test with my brother. The core mechanic is solid. All of the cows were on the board on turn two. As funny as purple cows are, they dont do much of anything in game.

His suggestions are to have a number of missions and upgrades to choose from, and be able to use cows for powers.

Great learning experience.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:45 pm

The document has been updated to reflect the new game board rules. Please review and let me know what you think.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:35 pm

https://i.imgur.com/J6TcGkj.jpg

Got goodies from The Game Crafters and now I have the bits for my beta rules (no purple cows)
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:43 pm

Okay, I have my cards. I have the rules. I'm pretty sure I can scrounge up some dice somewhere.

I'll be running my first playtest with a group of 11-year-olds at my son's birthday party on March 10th. Then, I'm going to try running a "Playtest Table" at the next Game Night on March 17th. I'm going to bring Mars Needs Cows, Cobras, Kobolds, and one I'm working on myself. We'll see how it goes. I'll probably have some questions for you along the way, Caz.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:09 am

You're the absolute best Mike!
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:12 pm

I've got my first public play test this Monday at Pegasus games in Madison.

EXCITED!
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:11 am

That might be what my saucers look like!
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:12 pm

First Pegasus playtest went off without a hitch. They think it's fun. It goes fast. And they were only so pedantic.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:50 pm

*thumbs up!*
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:02 am

Second playtest got good feedback. Some cards will be changing.

One of the guys was fantastic. Other dudes had feedback all over the place from basically the word go. Third dude was like "Can we get through his playtest before you have to change the game?"

AWESOME.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:34 am

Most important feedback. Mike, you should probably use this one in your games this weekend, because it will make it way more fair.

At the start of the Game - give the Round Indicator to the player going first.

At the start of each Round, hand the Round Indicator to the left. That person is now going first.

This way, after fresh cows have been distributed, everybody will get at least one chance to go first.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:38 am

Mike ran the game for me and it was awesome by his account. I am so happy that there have now been four playtests. FOUR!

Got a new shopping list up for The Game Crafter. I'll be shipping more stuff out to Mike here in the near future so that he's at v3.

I have to wait a week to pull the trigger on more bits n pieces, but I am super excited.

I will try to get my rules updated by tomorrow evening.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:18 am

http://www.gencon.com/host/2017feph - Just found out that to get in here is $300.

Crap - maybe if all our groups badges haven't been bought I can defray some of the cost by picking up someone else's badge. Otherwise I will have to find some Open Gaming space for Mars Needs Cows.

We shall see. I just emailed to find out one way or another.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:11 am

Okay - so that $300 gets me two four day passes. If anybody doesn't have their badge yet, please let me know. I am going to have to talk to Barb about budgeting because my badge is basically going from $120 to $210. (I won't make somebody pay the extra late fee like I'm going to have to do anyway. )
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jun 14, 2017 9:45 am

I just put this in our group message from the other night. It's possible Bill doesn't have a badge yet and maybe this will help push him over.

And it wouldn't be much, but I could kickstart 20 or 30 bucks to Cows to help defray your badge cost.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:52 pm

Mike, you are a walking treasure.

Barb has said that she's okay with the upped price for my badge. Now to find out if Bill has bought his badge yet or not.

Return to “The Gaming Table”