Music Music Music

A forum for the silly stuff. You want be goofy? Funny? Post up your favorite LOLcat? This is the place.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Music Music Music

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:50 am

News:
akiva
Melancholy Camper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby akiva » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:20 pm

Why do good things never wanna stay?

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:19 pm

Reel on a repeating loop
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:06 pm

This is the first new music (that is, not just new to me) that I've discovered in a long time. And it's really damn good.

Reel on a repeating loop
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:44 am

Listening to Tay Tay trying to enjoy something new, get into her country and pop, so of course I latch onto the U2-like arena rock opener.

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:12 pm

BTW forgot to mention that I went to see Twenty One Pilots with my kid and they were absolutely AMAZING live. I haven't seen a concert in a very long time so I'm not sure how "standard" the other aspects of the show were - there was a lot of visual spectacle - but the music was incredible. They played variations on and mashups of their songs which made them even more fun live. I think the singer had maybe one moment with a cracked note and the rest was nearly two and a half hours of constant perfect singing and frenetic activity. I saw a ho-hum review of the show which puzzled over the "disconnected" and apparently pointless stunts and visual elements, like backflips off the piano, or leaping onto the piano, or the drummer running around on top of the crowd in a giant red bubble. But my sense is, that was the point! It's kind of an Instagram experience in concert, where the pastiche of images and feelings and actions invites you, the viewer, to have some unknown personal experience of your own. They clearly expect you to sing along and it was absolute mayhem. Thousands of junior high kids, their parents, and drunk college students, all screaming words they knew by heart. I had to have earplugs not for the band but for all the audience vocals - more intense than a football stadium, I think. You haven't heard anything until you've heard thousands of junior high girls sing every single word to "Holding On To You" and "Cancer". My child had some sort of out-of-body experience of joy coupled with disbelief at the amazingness of it all. The guys in the band are absolutely charming, polite, endearing creatures. I also felt like all of us there had some sort of intimate sexual experience with the drummer, whether we wanted to or not, but guessing most were willing participants.

Also the online setlists people published from other shows were 100% incorrect for ours. I don't know if we just got lucky or they changed it up or what, but they played lots of songs off Vessel and not just Blurryface. One of the best ones live was Anyway, if you ever have the chance to see these people play live and you like their music at all, it is a MUST SEE event. I would go again tomorrow.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:51 pm

I've listened to Fairly Local approximately a bazillion times this evening on a loop and I am not sure that is a positive sign. Also because I grant that pete is correct about how silly some of these lyrics are. I can't help it. Hypnotized. Today in the car, after a dry radio spell, suddenly it offered up Eye of the Tiger, so I sang and I worry that other people in their cars in the cold can hear me through the windows. Because sometimes i can hear other people's music through the windows, right, so might it not work in reverse? God I'm sorry people, I'm having trouble dealing with the various Stressful Issues du jour, on top of being an essentially shitty person who should be able to get it together and not have trouble dealing. Everything is fine!
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Feb 09, 2017 11:36 am

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:37 am

Really was not a fan of Bruno Mars' Doo-Wops & Hooligans on first listen. Many of the songs still annoy me, including this one, but it's just so catchy and fun, no matter how much I dislike the lyrics.

Seriously, runaway baby!
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:17 pm

Damn, I miss Sharon Jones.

Up to 42 in the 365 challenge. Going to try out Amy Winehouse and Tupac next week.
viewtopic.php?f=5&p=15723#p15723
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:02 pm

I don't even know what a chacarron is, but I picked the tune up from a funny video, "shazzammed" it then listened to it on youtube to see if it was as unintelligible as I though.

It is.
You are all now dumber for having heard this. What is worse is that they made money just by mumbling incoherently.

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:41 am

Listened to Getz Giberto.

Minute 3: This is great, why don't we hear more Bossa Nova?

Minute 25: Bossa Nova again? Holy crap guys, you know there are different kinds of music styles.

Minute 29: Oooh, this song doesn't have any beat, what a nice change of pace-

Minute 29.15: AGHHHHH!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:59 am

Watched Annie and am counting the soundtrack; I earned it. Now have that Maybe song in my head, and keep in mind I sing like a sick goose.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:18 am

Which version?

Maybe it's the original,
Maybe it's the disney channel version,
Betcha it's the one with the african-american cast...
I don't really care as long as it's fine!
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:51 pm

Burning Bridges

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Why'd it take me this long to listen to Herbie Hancock (one of my fav jazz artists) playing "River: The Joni Letters" (Mitchell being one of my fav songwriters)? Maybe because there was, I think it goes back to Frank Sinatra's "Duets", a overdone thing about having guests artists and an old guy revisit songs. But these are incredibly different interpretations of the songs, a pleasant surprise, that should have not been a surprise

poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:51 am

Went to a 5 year old's birthday party and I heard a Sia song and a twenty one pilots song, so this 365 album thing is paying off. Now onto Ed Sheeran, who does not share his accent enough in his songs.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:15 pm

Billie Holidays' 20th century Masters album starts off with "Strange Fruit" and then like five love songs. I'd have switched that around.

Btw, I think there's at least three of the songs so far that talk about how she's in love with a guy who abuses her physically, and that it's okay.

Great voice though.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:22 pm

(This could also go in Nerd Love.)
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:18 pm

Who told him that it mattered?
Who told him anyone cared?
He's got an overgrown sense of his own importance

Reel on a repeating loop

Return to “Nerd Babble”