Nerd Pride Battle?

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Nerd Pride Battle?

Postby Ronster » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:21 pm

Am I the only one around here that is itching for a Nerd Pride Battle?? <3
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Re: Nerd Pride Battle?

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:40 pm

I will fight anyone here like a damn badger. Especially today. I will pin whoever threatens me to the surface of the earth like Ricky Ticky Tavi goes after a cobra. Not sure if that's what you had in mind tho.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:48 pm

*Hsssssshhhssssssssss!* *Hssssssssssssscahhhhhh*
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:01 pm

This is a good idea. We haven't battled in many moons (about 19 moons, in fact, since we ended HeroBattle X: RoboBattle).

Someone come up with a theme!

MCUBattle?

HarryPotterBattle?

DoctorBattle? (Any doctors... not just THE Doctor)

ParanoiaBattle?

AnimatedDadsBattle?

DisneyBattle?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:24 pm

I was just explaining this game to Pete the other day!
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:24 pm

I vote for Star Wars Battle!
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:20 pm

Ya, ja, have we had a Star Wars battle before?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:45 pm

Back in 2011, we did a StarWarTrekBattle.

I'm all for doing Star Wars.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:05 am

Hells Yes. I nominate Jar Jar.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:42 am

I don't understand but up for whatever :-)
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:24 am

I'll post up the full rules in a day or two and start taking nominations, but HeroBattle is stolen from a forum game I've seen other places called Hit-Hit-Heal.

Everyone in the game is assigned a character (in this case, it will be Star Wars characters). Don't tell anyone who your character is. Everyone starts with 10 hit points. Every day, each player picks two characters to hit and one character to heal. Characters lose 1 hp for each hit and gain 1 hp for each heal. If a character reaches 0 hp, it is dead. Last one standing wins. Usually takes two weeks to play a whole game.

There's other twists and turns thrown in... keep your identity a secret, because if anyone can figure out who you are and call you out, you take a huge hit. You have nemeses in the game, and when they die you get a bonus. There may be special powers or random events that throw a bug in things. But the basics are really just that you have to post once a day with the hit-hit-heal.

It's a fascinating game, because the results are absolutely deterministic, based on the actions of the players, but when you have 12 players, each one has so little individual control that it can feel like this nameless, faceless force driving the game.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:21 pm

May the force be with us!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:57 pm

Yes, Admiral Akbar will be nominated. Either that, or Wicket.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:30 pm

I realize I didn't mention in my other post: I'm totally in.
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:26 pm

I will be in, and nominate the Gonk droid.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:04 pm

"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:08 pm

Whoa! Save the nominations until the game opens. I'll probably start it Monday or Tuesday or something. Let me get the Deadpool stuff done.

Return to “The Gaming Table”