Starfinder

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Starfinder

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:41 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Starfinder

Postby Zen » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:03 pm

Please, please, PLEASE tell me they did this up right! If so, I want to play a campaign as soon as it goes live!!!!! i WOULD love it! Especially with the awesome group or roleplayers here on NPR!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:08 pm

I'm on board. I might could even run a game as soon as they release that first adventure path.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:30 pm

I would feel sorry for you not playing, but be ever grateful for your gamemastering acumen! <3
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:14 pm

Mike Plays - let me GM.

I love space games like I love bacon.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:16 am

Twist my arm. I won't argue with you. I just wanted to give Darcs a break.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:44 am

Shit, and I was thinking that I would just start writing now and I could run the game. I know, I know. We know how that usually ends up. So it's better if Caz does it, I suppose :) Let's do this thing!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:13 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:30 am

Dude, yes! There's nothing about this idea that I don't like.

Don't read the comments below the article. They're all, "Oh, so it's Alternity." or "Ew, you lost me at Shadowrun." or "No magic, sci-fi should be able to stand on its own." Fuck all those people. I want this to be good SOOOOOO badly. And the idea that every new expansion is just going to keep loading me up with more alien races? Hell yeah! A little bit of Star Wars. A little bit of Firefly. A little bit of Pathfinder. All rolled together.

I'm definitely ready for my space pants.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:31 pm

I definitely want in on this.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:24 pm

I wish I thought I could handle another game, I am intrigued by this setting and would love to play a Caz game. :cry:
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:31 pm

Until I get some rules and the basics there won't be a game. This is probably going to be March at the earliest.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:01 pm

Starfinder releases at GenCon in August. It'll be a while.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:35 am

True - but they'll give us previews and stuff before that. I can use what they give us to get a framework set up.

See, already an opening quote: Remember, the Universe has seen uncountable billions live and die before you. You cannot call upon Her for help. All you will have out there in the Big Black is each other.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:25 am

WOOT! I was finally able to purchase the PDF of the core rules! I probably won't get to read it much until this weekend, but it is now in my possession!
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:04 am

Thanks for letting me know... I have it now as well!
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:32 pm

The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:37 pm

Stamina Points and Resolve Points are goddamn brilliant.

Moving Weapon Spec to something all classes can achieve (and drastically changing what it does) has been a long needed overhaul.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:50 am

El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:28 am

Noted. Mostly I was just trying to cut down on what I copied. :)

Point buy character creation by default is much cleaner. Additionally, a static HP progression (and the mix of Stamina points) is something that I see long-term value in.

Themes are a really nice fix to a lot of issues.

Return to “The Gaming Table”