What is the latest board game, card game video game, or role playing game you have played and how was it?

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: What is the latest board game, card game video game, or role playing game you have played and how was it?

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:41 pm

My brother and I got to play Imperial Settlers again. I love that game. Heck, I love any game where you're competing, but you can't do much damage to the opposition.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: What is the latest board game, card game video game, or role playing game you have played and how was it?

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:05 am

XenoShyft: A lot of fun. Combines the deck-building of Dominion with the fight sequences of Magic in a co-op setting. Complicated and super-challenging. I wouldn't buy it, but I would certainly play it again sometime if given the chance.

Cobras: Trick taking game with a twist as you have to keep an eye on all the snakes in play and time your winning and losing to maximize your points. It's on Kickstarter, and I can't wait to get it. It's really fun.

Left/Right/Center: Simple dice game of pure luck. Fun enough. It would make a great game to play for real money while drinking. Each round takes about 10 minutes, and if you played for quarters, then everyone antes up 75 cents to start the round, and the winner takes the whole pot.

Zombie Dice: Just looking to brag... the score was 10, 10, 10, 5; with me having the 5. We were running out of time and had to go, so I decided to push my luck and play til I died, no matter what. I got all 8 points and won the game in that final move. So nice.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Reika
Pastry Artisan
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Reika » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:38 pm

Thanks to the trailers for Mass Effect Andromeda, I'm probably going to be playing Mass Effect 2 and 3 again.

One of these years I'll actually load up Assassin's Creed Syndicate or Deus Ex Revolution that have been languishing unplayed on my Steam account.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:18 am

Okay so it's been Quirkle, Machi Koro , and Citadels of course. I had some sleeves left over from Citadels, so now I have started sleeving my Machi Koro cards to the chagrin of my kids.

So far I like the Fantasy Flight brand card sleeves best as they are thicker, less crinkly, and they do not stick together as much as the other brand I tried.

Anyone have any experience with this?

I also plan on getting a deck box to be used in each game that has a pile of cards. The sleeved cards tend to fall over into a hay-stack of cards so I thought a MtG deck box that has a removable top will do nicely. It even has a tray for dice.

접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:12 pm

Axis & Allies with my wife and 21 y.o. daughter....
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:10 pm

Sushi- Go ...love it...bought it after Christmas
Fluxx...no one likes it but me...it gets so confusing
Settlers of America...fun take on Catan...
Pandemic....played twice which is BIG news in my home...my wife+kids hate co-op games.
Machi-Koro Bright Lights, Big City....Love it!

My resolution(one of them) this year is to play 15 NEW games by Christmas...since we started the new ones at Christmas...5 down 10 to go
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:46 am

I fired Borderlands 2 back up and had a rousing good time as Krieg the Psycho.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."

Return to “The Gaming Table”