Wikimovie Game

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Wikimovie Game

Postby Zen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:02 pm

The Russia House

(I doubt if it was shot in NC, but the rest of the description fits... With the possible exception of the year...)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:34 pm

"John was a brilliant up and coming stand-up comic and actor," said co-director Jankel. "We went to see him at Second City, and we were 100% sold. He had a wonderful combination of empathy and irreverence but was entirely without guile. It was not specifically scripted to be cast with a Hispanic or Latino actor, but it made perfect sense that they themselves should be this contemporary unconventional family, so the small unit of just two, couldn't be pegged as one thing or another."
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:37 pm

Blues Brothers
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:42 pm

Wagging the Dog
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:46 am

Lead creatures designer and supervisor Patrick Tatopoulos was aware of the concurrent Jurassic Park production, so consciously designed the dinosaurs for this movie more cute and cartoony with inspiration from Beetlejuice.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:20 am

John who's a latino comedian is probably John Leguizamo. Is the movie Ice Age?
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:41 am

You're on the right track.

About 65 million years ago, a meteorite crashes into the Earth, killing the dinosaurs and splitting the universe into two parallel dimensions. The surviving dinosaurs cross into this new dimension and evolve into a humanoid race.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:49 am

Something's clicking...

Super Mario Brothers
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:19 am

Pretty sure this is the solo Yoshi movie :-)
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:59 am

Ice Age 2
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:52 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:19 pm

For his directorial debut, Columbus said he reviewed a hundred scripts. He chose ________ because he felt comfortable with its scale. Paramount Pictures had a right of first refusal but demanded Molly Ringwald be cast in the lead. Over 150 actresses auditioned for the lead role, including Valerie Bertinelli. Shooting took place in Toronto, Chicago, and Los Angeles in early 1987.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:39 pm

Chris Columbus? Hmmm. Home Alone? That makes no sense. But it's my guess.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:48 pm

Pretty sure this is wrong, but also to get this off the table: The Breakfast Club
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:57 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:07 pm

The film was adapted into an unsold TV pilot of the same name for CBS in 1989. It starred Jennifer Guthrie (who would later co-star on Parker Lewis Can't Lose with Maia Brewton) as Chris, Joey Lawrence as Brad, Courtney Peldon as Sara, Brian Austin Green as Daryl, and Ariana Mohit as Brenda. It was not picked up as a series.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:26 pm

Based on the kids' names, and Elizabeth Shue having been a big crush of mine back in the day: Adventures in Babysitting?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:38 pm

Of course it is!
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:42 pm

Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:31 am

Thwarted, the five alien women merge to become a giantess who swallows Tommy alive. The giantess then crawls out of the amusement center and chases Jesse and Chester. The cultists tell them to activate the Photon Accelerator Annihilation Beam on the Transfunctioner. However, the button that activates it is too far in to reach. At the last second, Chester remembers the nature show with the tool-using chimps and uses a straw to push the recessed button, thus destroying the alien (Tommy survives, but Christie breaks up with him in favor of Nelson). The protectors thank Jesse, Chester and the twins for saving the world, and erase their minds concerning the events.

Return to “The Gaming Table”