Wikimovie Game

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Wikimovie Game

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:59 pm

The conditions, though threatening, were probably not unfamiliar to Tyne, who had been a successful fisherman for about a decade on other vessels, taking trips to the Grand Banks and fishing off Florida, the Carolinas, and elsewhere.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zombie
The Zombdigitty
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zombie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:08 pm

All is Lost?
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:41 pm

Perfect Storm
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:51 pm

...follows the story of a 10-year-old Irish boy named Ben who discovers that his mute sister Saoirse, whom he blames for the apparent death of his mother, is a selkie who has to free faerie creatures from the Celtic goddess Macha

This movie is gorgeous. Just a way of introducing a movie!

Clue in ancient Greece.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:56 pm

I'm confused. Is Flame right?
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:00 pm

I guess he was that confident.

Guessing Wonderstruck for flameblade's movie.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:15 pm

In the future, let's agree to get confirmation from the person naming the movie before we go on.

For Flame's movie, I guess: Sucker Punch
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:48 pm

Flame is correct!
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:50 pm

Nope. New quote.

"...
it's about story and heart and emotion and wonder and craftsmanship and because of that it becomes timeless, a beautiful piece of art that will delight audiences old and young and confirms what many suspected of Moore after Kells: The man's a master storyteller, and we can only hope he has many, many more stories to tell."
"

Clue in ancient Greece.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:59 pm

Well Kells is probably the animated Irish film Secret Life of Kells, but I dunno any of the other films by that director.
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:04 pm

Hmm. I'm lost on this one.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:22 pm

The Secret of Roan Innish
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:25 pm

FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:51 am

Conor, a lighthouse keeper, lives on an island with son Ben, his pregnant wife Bronagh, and sheepdog Cú. Bronagh disappears late one night, presumably dying after childbirth, leaving behind daughter Saoirse (pronounced SEER-sha).

Might be a bit obscure, but... Also other quote:

The film had a limited release in certain countries, but received acclaim and was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Animated Feature at the 87th Academy Awards in 2015.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:18 am

Song of the Sea
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:06 pm

Clue in ancient Greece.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:08 pm

Michael Wilmington of the Los Angeles Times said "It's a movie split in two: wildly accomplished on one level, wildly deficient on another." He graded the film high marks for its effects and the "sheer density and bravura of the production design," but ultimately provided a low final score for the poor writing.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:43 pm

Solo: A Star Wars Story
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:08 pm

Valerian
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:27 pm

The movie was shot in both New York City and North Carolina on a budget of $48 million. It was released on May 28, 1993, in the United States and grossed $20.9 million. Critics praised the film's innovative special effects, creative artistic direction, and the performances of its actors, but criticized the confusing narrative and inconsistent tone.

Return to “The Gaming Table”