Wikimovie Game

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Wikimovie Game

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:03 pm

Nope to all of the above.

It stars Clara Bow, Charles "Buddy" Rogers and Richard Arlen. Gary Cooper appears in a small role which helped launch his career in Hollywood.

Acclaimed for its technical prowess and realism upon release, the film became the yardstick against which future aviation films were measured, mainly because of its realistic air-combat sequences. It went on to win the first Academy Award for Best Picture at the first annual Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences award ceremony in 1929, the only silent film to do so. It also won the Academy Award for Best Engineering Effects (Roy Pomeroy). [...] was one of the first to show two men kissing, and also one of the first widely released films to show nudity. In 1997, [...] was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress as being "culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant", and the film was re-released to Cinemark theaters to coincide with the 85th Anniversary for a limited run in May 2012. The film was re-released again for its 90th anniversary in 2017. The Academy Film Archive preserved [...] in 2002.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:07 pm

Ohhh, is this Wings?

Oh just saw the Academy Award mention. It's definitely Wings.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:13 pm

Is it ok if I take this?

He turned up to the audition dressed like Elvis Presley. "I like to think of it as the role Elvis never got but should have."

Soundtrack
1. "Skeet Surfin'"
2. "Are You Lonesome Tonight?"
3. "How Silly Can You Get"
4. "Straighten Out the Rug"
5. "Tutti Frutti"
6. "Spend This Night With Me"
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:19 pm

Yes, it was Wings!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:20 pm

Top Secret?
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:30 pm

Hehe yup right back to you it goes.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:36 pm

[...] is a 1970 American disaster-drama film starring Burt Lancaster and Dean Martin, directed and written by George Seaton, and based on Arthur Hailey's 1968 novel of the same name. It originated the 1970s disaster film genre. It is also the first in the [...] film series. Produced on a $10 million budget, it earned over $100 million.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:37 pm

Airport

But not Posiedon Adventure or Towering Infero like I thought at first.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Yes!
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:18 pm

Thomas M. Pryor of The New York Times called the film "a grand and glorious entertainment" that "captures the true spirit of the novel." Variety praised the film for its "sumptuous" set pieces and "a virtual tour de force" performance by Newton.
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:30 pm

I feel like I should know the actor but I'm drawing a complete blank.
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:37 am

Obviously
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:15 am

Right? Newton. Can't figure out a Newton.

If it didn't include Newton I would say, and I guess I still will say:

Gone with the Wind
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:44 pm

I'll just guess:

Beach Blanket Bingo

and we can get another clue! ;)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:17 am

Life went sideways yesterday. I will get a clue sometime today.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:47 am

Newton is probably going to be Thandie Newton. Talented British actress who played Woody Harrelson's girlfriend in Solo.

Sadly, I can't think of anything else that I've seen her in. So I give this to the rest of you until the next clue.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:52 am

Oh, duh, I think I know it, but I'll wait until the guesses are reset. Or I'll try to get Mrs. Darcs to guess it.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:07 am

If it is Thandie Newton, the biggest film I can think of with her that had reviews like that would be Crash.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:55 am

Wasn't she also in Mission Impossible ii or iii or something?
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:36 am

He probably means ones that were good...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin

Return to “The Gaming Table”