[MQT] Finals

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

[MQT] Finals

Postby Kyle » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:15 pm

The community will vote by posting for the movie quote that they think is the best. I will leave voting open for a few days. When voting closes, the thread will be locked and the winning movie will move on. In the event of a tie, I will break the tie.

The movie quotes:
The Godfather- "I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse." Don Vito Corleone
Cool Hand Luke- "What we've got here is failure to communicate." Captain
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: [MQT] Finals

Postby Mike » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:31 pm

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Stan » Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:46 pm

Zombie
The Zombdigitty
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zombie » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:03 pm

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:24 pm

"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:58 pm

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby FlameBlade » Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:58 pm

Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:55 am

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:06 am

Dang good competition... Fantastic pair in the finals... Can't say it's easy to choose...

But... he made me an offer, ya know?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:23 pm

In the AFI list, this is #2 vs #11. Man, even they liked their evil-but-witty characters.

http://www.afi.com/100years/quotes.aspx
buckett
Orange Troubleshooter

Postby buckett » Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:54 am

Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:50 am

You declare a winner?
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:08 am

I think he might be under pressure by, you know... a certain someone... to leave the voting open until there's one more vote to change the current outcome... Capisce?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:58 am

I don't really want to vote for my own entry, ya know? They're equally good, though I use the Cool Hand Luke one in conversation a lot more. All the time, really. But the other one is iconic; defines extortion for generations.

As a tangential reflection, the one thing I have been shocked by in my professional career is the amount of extortion that is taken for granted as a normal part of doing business, though usually thank god without the threat of actual violence as the lever. This amazes me and I think it might be another reason we need all the women to be in charge of everything. Not that women can't be excellent extortionists - the best, even! - but that maybe it annoys us more as a way of doing business and if we were in power we would put a stop to it as a norm.

I would also like to work with people who actually bring the content of business they want to accomplish into meetings before deciding anything, and have a meeting in order to decide what to do next. Instead The Way of the world is that the business is transacted behind the scenes without anyone having an ability to do anything about it and then all of a sudden it comes to the surface, either a done deal or requiring combat. I don't want to have combat. I don't want to have subterfuge. I want to rest easy and not think about things until the moment when we are all going to sit down and openly, honestly think about things together. Why is this so hard? What we have here is failure to communicate.
Last edited by Phoebe on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:00 am

Then vote for Godfather and leave it up to the God Kyle to deem the winner :-)
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:04 am

That too is an unacceptable solution. Fine I'm voting for Cool Hand Luke.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:59 am

Not sure if I am allowed to vote since I am just now getting into this thread, but if I am I will vote for Cool Hand Luke's quote...and if not...I will vote for Cool Hand Luke's quote :shenanigans:
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:38 am

Bluedevyl
Five to Lifer

Postby Bluedevyl » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:10 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:29 pm

4 to 8.

Quick Pete, call 5 more people, but make sure you pay them first.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.

Return to “The Gaming Table”