[STARFINDER] Shipping off for Bretheda

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [STARFINDER] Shipping off for Bretheda

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:49 am

Sorry for your loss man.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:01 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:04 am

Speaking of telepaths, I want to play a Shirren mechanic who uses his exocortex to produce holographic language. Have him respond to his team in glowing memes.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:06 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:06 am

I like the idea of Zen being the Captain and me taking on some Gunner duties as well because I will have four hands. FOUR HANDS. The more I think about it the more I realize that I have chosen this race because it is a deep-seated long-standing fantasy for life. I have always needed more arms and now I shall have them!!!
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:56 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Was the person who wanted drugs for a dart gun going to want a sniper rifle? Cause I was thinking a cheaper lvl 1 sniper gun that only shot darts would be appropriate.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:12 am

Slight change, opted for a Vesk soldier instead of a human. Here's Koravindaloramin:

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:28 pm

I'll post up a character sheet this week, but my character is Aksar "Hatchet" ben-Klofron. Hatchet is a Ysoki technomancer. He's a collector--a junkrat who wears the name proudly. He tells wild stories of his exploits as a pirate and a smuggler. Now he claims to be a wanderer on a spiritual journey. He pays special devotion to Besmara the Pirate Queen, but also Desna and maybe others.

In addition to his Technomancy, Hatchet is proficient with computers and engineering. Like many Ysoki, he enjoys disassembling anything that can be disassembled and also using his technomancy to cobble things back together in new configurations.

Hatchet likes to imagine he is a swashbuckler. He works hard but parties harder. As far as he is concerned, money still in his pocket is money wasted.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:33 pm

Here's my character sheet. I think I did everything correctly, but let me know if you have questions or think I did something wrong.

I went with the exocortex AI rather than the drone, which gives me proficiency with heavy armor (probably won't use much) and long arms (will definitely use). I went light on armor (stationwear flightsuit only), and put most of my starting credits into weapons (a laser pistol, a laser rifle, and two extra batteries).
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:48 am

FYI, one of the Roll20 developers hopes to have a available any day now!
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:59 am

Hero Lab Starfinder should be entering open beta soon. They're using it as their first case for their online system, which I'm meh about so far. But having the starship creator in Hero Lab would be fun.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:13 am

Yep. And I'm looking forward to better integration between Hero Lab Online and Roll20. Supposedly, they're introducing an API that will allow VTT's like Roll20 to interact with the information in Hero Lab. So for example, if all of the Runelord characters were managed in Hero Lab Online, and Dothan casts Inspire Courage, that could automatically update everyone else's character sheets in Hero Lab Online to add the necessary bonuses, which would then feed back into those characters sheets in Roll20 to automatically add the necessary buff bonuses, without anyone else having to do a thing. We'll see if that's how it actually turns out in practice, but the possibility is interesting. But the initial beta is only going to be Starfinder character creation; it will be awhile before they have Starfinder spaceships, and before they port other game systems (like Pathfinder) over to the new platform.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:41 am

Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:56 pm

Cool. My plan is to have a 'Dazed' drug and a 'Shaken' drug. They'll both have a DC appropriate for level 1 and the conditions will last for 1 round.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:33 pm

Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:12 pm

Dart Sniper Rifle and Cheap Combat Loads for Darts

Akitoni Tranq Rifle (Analog, Sniper 250ft, Unweildy, Two-Handed Weapon, Uncategorized)
Level 1, Cost 150, Bulk 1
Damage 1d6 P, Range 70ft, Critical Injection DC+2
Capacity 4 darts, Usage 1 dart

Dart Loads
Kay Oh causes a system-wide disruption for a few seconds
Level 1, Cost 40, Fort DC 14, Effect: Dazed for 1 Round

Shiver causes momentary neuromuscular spasms
Level 1, Cost 30, Fort DC 14, Effect: Shaken for 1 Round

The costs for the dart loads for my game would be half of these numbers.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:54 pm

Cool! I decided to go with a Needler Pistol. I could only afford one dose of Shiver anyway, but I realized that the darts do 1d4p damage by themselves, so they're basically a light, not explosive weapon. Perfect for shipboard use really.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:12 am

Boo Hoo - I'm having to write monster stat blocks. I forgot how long this takes. I am an out of shape GM.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:23 pm

Can people look at the last weekend of September for availability? I'd like to get this run before too long.

Return to “The Gaming Table”