[STARFINDER] Shipping off for Bretheda

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[STARFINDER] Shipping off for Bretheda

Postby Cazmonster » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:40 am

I want to give you folks something to work from to get started on your characters.

You're on Verces, residing in one of the lesser Ring of Nations star-scraper vertical cities. Yajaka-12 is lightly governed and largely stable. Its residents are mainly employed servicing deep-space transport and resource-gathering ships. You are down to your last few credits, and have a chance to make a name for yourself with your wits and your courage.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [STARFINDER] Shipping off for Bretheda

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:41 am

I'd like to play JAS-522 (race: android, theme: ace pilot, class: mechanic). (Name subject to change; haven't given it enough thought.)

Feels more in-tune with a starship or his drone than he does the people around him. But he's trying to get better at interpersonal relationships.

Updated:
Name: Tiberion-Alpha (Tib for short)
Race: Android
Theme: Ace Pilot
Class/Level: Mechanic-1
Abilities:
STR: 11 (0)
DEX: 18 (+4)
CON: 12 (+1)
INT: 14 (+2)
WIS: 10 (0)
CHA: 8 (-1)
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:31 am

I was looking at playing a Lashuntas Solarian Icon. I haven't gotten anything rolled up yet though. I also was still debating between which sub-race of Lashuntas to play...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:42 am

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:47 am

Ben -- Ysoki Technomancer Priest. Devoted to Besmara, the Pirate Queen of the Void.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:53 am

Last edited by Zen on Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:57 am

But with the VERY limited point buy... you're going to be lucky to have points for anything except STR, DEX, and CHA. You go Damaya, and that CON penalty is gonna hurt on a melee fighter. Just ask Illian.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:57 am

There are plenty of people-persons who have neither INT or WIS. You need look no further than the White House.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:58 am

For the record, my son made faced the same choice with his Soldier, and he went Damaya. He has an 8 con on a melee fighter and is very happy with it.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:02 am

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:08 pm

BTW, I found a link to this version of the Starfinder Character sheet:

It is supposed to do the math for you...
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:08 pm

considering a Shirren mystic,
Another possibility is a human soldier as, so far, no one can use guns larger than the small arms category.
I'll decide once I read the rules and if it becomes apparent that a role is missing.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:54 am

I am already going to change up a couple of rules because ammo is stupidly expensive and counting it is dumb.

1. All ammunition is half price. This includes grenades. Please, don't make me regret that.

2. Anything that consumes ammunition might run out of ammunition on a roll of 1. Bigger magazines will be less likely to run out. (DC 16 capacity 20, DC 13 for capacity 50, DC 10 for capacity 100+)

3. All but the most basic of ships and lodgings will allow you to fully charge any number of batteries in four hours.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:06 am

So sounds like a Kasatha operative for me might fit in well?
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:53 am

I'd love to see a Kasatha. I think they're one of the really cool races.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:56 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:10 am

Can I also assume that availability limits us to only 1st and 2nd level equipment as per the rules? (I'm not looking for anything higher than that, but thought I'd check.)
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:44 am

Okay, so this is my first gasp spending spree for the 1000 credits. FYI, Computers is one of the two skills I added as a class skill per the Solarian "Skill Adept" feature. I figured my on-ship job could be as a science officer or gunner, either one, depending on need. (Solarians BAB track with their level, so they should be able to fire ships guns, assuming I'm reading it right... Otherwise I would want to take Piloting as my extra skill if I wanted to be a gunner...)

Without further ado... Here is my attempt at spending 1000 credits:

750 Freebooter armor
90 Flare gun, survival 1 1d3 F 30 ft. Burn 1d6 1 flare 1 L
27.5 11 x Flare 1
17.5 Frag grenade
50 Tier 1 Computer DC 17 to hack
5 Artificial Personality
5 Miniaturization (Tier-0 size L bulk)
10 Firewall
7 Personal Com Unit
1 Flashlight
3 Backpack (consumer)
31 Clothes (Full set)
3 Hygiene kit
3 3/weeks field rations
Last edited by Zen on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:20 am

Gunnery can be BAB+Dex bonus OR Piloting.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:25 am

You don't need the space suit. ALL armor (unless otherwise indicated) functions as a space suit. The 25 credit spacesuit is essentially the unarmored version.

Return to “The Gaming Table”