Storium

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Storium

Postby Stan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:04 pm

That was the right amount of improvisation. I ended the scene and started the next one as you didn't need to defeat all challenges to advance the story.

So far, I like Storium, alright. It has just a bit more rules than total freeform, interactive storytelling to give some structure and guidance to gm and players. I wouldn't all my games to be so low crunch but it's a nice change.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:37 am

Uh... Is it Hank or Larry driving the boat?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:59 am

Sorry, Larry. Fixed. Got confused by the vowels.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 02, 2017 12:06 pm

Bump
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue May 02, 2017 1:23 pm

Sorry for delay and thanks for the heads up! Hope what I did is ok!
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Tue May 02, 2017 1:32 pm

Challenges arise and your solution is to just break everything? :banana:

I've been liking the game quite a bit so far. All three of have done cool things.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue May 02, 2017 3:33 pm

It was FREAKING BRILLIANT!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:00 am

Sorry for the pause.

I've posted a bit recently. The story is at a tricky point so we need to collectively forge a path towards completion. We can talk ooc here or in Storium how you wanna proceed. Here's a non-exhaustive list of ways it could go.

Try to find Nerp and see if you can form a plan together
The dolphins are obviously hostile but you have overlapping interests - some kind of negotiation could happen
Find the elevator or some other route out.
Explore the island on the edge of the hard fog to see if you can get through somehow (there was also something in the fog at that location.)
Try to find the way you came in through - it's under water obviously and so are some of the dolphins.
Choose/find a sacrifice.
Try to open the portal/use the device without a sacrifice.
Go Gilligan's Island and start building that bamboo peddle bike.

Depending out the outcome and interest, there could be a book 2.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:41 pm

"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:53 am

The dolphins are kind of like a low fi Mad Max gang, with actual killing capacity on land thanks to their pets. So you know, it's possibly even more awesome than imagined.

Oh and, I can't get this to load on my phone so will let everyone know here: Josh is fine with dolphin negotiation, but figures he should lay low for that, maybe send one of the others to speak! He may be persona non grata among their group. He would prefer to work with poor Nerp and find a way to maybe fake a sacrifice... We do have a body, but is Josh a utilitarian atheist? Maybe. I didn't think it through that far. I'm not sure he knows.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:34 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:28 am

I should be able to access a computer relatively soon. Sorry I am slowing you down!
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:48 pm

I'm going to state here that Hank has no plan to get off this island. I've already mentioned a couple of times that his heart is troubling him.

I'll figure out how to phrase it in Storium by tomorrow night.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:42 am

Sorry I haven't posted anything there for a while myself. I'll wait for Hank.

Return to “The Gaming Table”