HeroBattle! XI: StarWarsBattle!

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: HeroBattle! XI: StarWarsBattle!

Postby Cazmonster » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:56 am

Argh! Kylo was never going to make the late rounds.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
TheMaster
Happy Medium
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby TheMaster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:15 pm

Are you going to do another one when this one ends? I'd very much like to do it =) wish I hadn't missed out on this one. Looks fun!
Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:40 pm

Yeah. We'll do another. I may need to delay a bit, because I have another project to work on, but we'll see.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
TheMaster
Happy Medium

Postby TheMaster » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:59 pm

Awesome, I'm going to try and get more active on here since my life has calmed back down (for the time being). Can't wait to see what this year has in store (in all aspects of my life)
Citizens of Earth, rejoice. Your Lord and Master stands on high.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:50 pm

Damn!

Stupid Hand of God bringing balance to the Force. Twice!

Good game, everybody!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:26 am

With so many hits against Anakin, trying to heal myself would have only brought me to 0 HP. And even if someone else joined in healing me, I figured someone would just guess my identity and kill me anyways. So my only hope was to try to take someone with me. Sorry Kyle. :)
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:19 am

Hey, it's what Vader would do! I'm just sad that I wasn't around to reap the benefits when both of you went in one round! GRRRRRRR!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:50 am

Really didn't know at the time I made it that my guess on who Greedo was would be the last before identities were revealed. Looks like a brilliantly timed takedown between me and Tahlvin in retrospect. Says a lot about how great Kyle is, that he survived for so long as Greedo.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:30 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:34 pm

FWIW... if anyone was teaming up this game, they were subtle enough that even I didn't pick up on it.
Mrs.Darcs
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Mrs.Darcs » Thu Jan 19, 2017 1:58 pm

That was fun as heck, I can't believe that my strategy of no strategy worked so well for so long ;)

Thanks Mike, I'll definitely play again when available.
Power and Ripp forever

RIP Sam and Thor forever!
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:14 pm

My hope was that Wicket would hit me twice so we'd all be at 2 each, then hope Luke would hit us both once, and then I'd hit Wicket twice to -1 and then gain +2 for hitting my nemesis, being up 3-2 against Luke going into the last round. It was the only way I could have won, happy with the result though!

Smiled much more than I thought I would today, thanks :-)
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:26 pm

That really was awesome. I enjoyed the crap out of this. I always enjoy HeroBattle!, but this one was particularly good.

I'll repeat, if there were any alliances, I didn't see evidence of them.

I'm also interested to hear thoughts from those playing for the first time. And from everyone, any suggestions for next time... probably starting two or three weeks or so.

I think I'm going to keep the Force Powers, but eliminate healing. Everyone just used it on themselves, so it was effectively just two extra hp. Instead, I think I'll give everyone something like 4 Force Hits to use, BUT you can only use a maximum of 1 per round.

I may go back to Hand of God every other round instead of every three. Plus, I'm open to any suggestions for new Hand of God effects. I've tried to eliminate any effects that are purely random, so everything either affects everyone equally or it specifically affects highest hp total, lowest hp total, person getting the most hits, most heals, etc, so that players can at least have some influence on jockeying for position during that round. Would love to expand the list.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:35 pm

So it ended in a three way? Kinky!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:27 pm

I like the idea of doling out max one force hit per round. The ability to hit x2 lent a certain devil-may-care approach to the game, since if those who have you as a nemesis each hit x2 you're sunk in a way you can't defend yourself against, so there's less point being careful about how you proceed. If the most you were likely to be secretly hurt in a round was 2, that might change things. Same goes in reverse - it seemed a little too easy to eliminate a nemesis with that sudden secret x2 hit. Maybe I shouldn't knock the system that led to victory, however.... for some reason it was easier this time.

Probably it's that EVERYONE LOVES THE EWOKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Return to “The Gaming Table”