Nerd Pride Deadpool 2016

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Nerd Pride Deadpool 2016

Postby Zen » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:42 pm

Not a good couple of years for musicians from the 70s and 80s... This one hurts. I wish he had made more music, frankly. He was a genius.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Irish Fan
Infrared Drone
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Irish Fan » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:00 pm

I am SOOOO playing this next year! What a great idea! I am in a Fantasy Football League; a Fantasy Basketball League; a Fantasy Hockey League; a Fantasy March Madness League; & the Fantasy Movie League - this is right up my alley! I can't believe I didn't think of it!! I have trophies for all my other leagues (all office leagues) that I have purchased (I have a guy) - perhaps I will spring for a traveling trophy next year if I play! Winner will get their name on the trophy & get to keep it for the year following their win! Just a thought from a noob!

How did no one have Prince?? I SOOOO would have had Prince!
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Mon Apr 25, 2016 2:35 pm

He was (until he came down with the flu) a very low percentage pick. There was no particular reason to choose him over the millions of other possible picks, and all the reason to make other picks that have a higher chance of paying off. When the draft was made in December, there was no reason to think he wouldn't live several more decades.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:01 pm

And thus, my shock at hearing of his passing. Sad.

Irish... start taking notes now. Lists are due by Christmas Eve. You've only got 243 days to get ready. There was a celebrity in the news just today who got a footnote in my deadpool watch list.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Nadia Jaen
Pastry Artisan

Postby Nadia Jaen » Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:14 pm

Terry Redlin dies at 78. My mom has always loved his artwork.
Irish Fan
Infrared Drone

Postby Irish Fan » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:36 am

Just to clarify - I was kidding ... I never would have picked Prince! I have a strange feeling about Axl Rose, however - I think this AC/DC gig is going to kill him!! You heard it here first!
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Mon May 16, 2016 1:13 pm

"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:49 am

Muhammad Ali dies at age 74.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:15 am

Maybe now Mike won't feel so bad for the rest of the year.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:43 am

So now, if I lose Stephen Hawking AND Stan Lee by the end of the year, I'll still come in 9 points behind my wife.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:48 am

Looks like we missed another one:

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Zombie
The Zombdigitty

Postby Zombie » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:35 pm

Anton Yelchin of Star Trek fame died at age 27. Sad he was so young.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:45 pm

Gary Marshall?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:46 pm

Nope. GARRY Marshall.

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:15 pm

Nadia Jaen
Pastry Artisan

Postby Nadia Jaen » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:29 pm

...and Ronster is on the board. Kenny Baker dies at age 81.
Nadia Jaen
Pastry Artisan

Postby Nadia Jaen » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:25 pm

Mike's pouting because he had Kenny Baker last year.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:27 pm

Congratulations, Ronster! I'm soooooooo happy for you!

Elle! Don't read any of this. Ronster just killed R2D2, and if you keep reading this, you're only encouraging us on our killing spree. Turn back now!
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:30 pm

O geez, I never meant for this to happen....oh why did I ever choose him and not someone horrible?
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Elle
Better Than Ezra

Postby Elle » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:31 am

You're meddling in things you don't understand.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.

Return to “The Gaming Table”