From the "Out of Context D&D" Tumblr Blog...

Roleplaying games, video games, board games, card games, ANY games! Bring it all to the Gaming Table.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

From the "Out of Context D&D" Tumblr Blog...

Postby Zen » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:41 pm

Is cutting your own arm off a free action?
— our fighter who was trying to keep poison from spreading to the rest of his body

(In a way, I don't particularly like it when they provide the context... It is funnier without knowing there is a reason for him to want to know if cutting off one's own arm is a free action...)
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: From the "Out of Context D&D" Tumblr Blog...

Postby Mike » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:19 pm

Besides, it's a obviously a full round action AND it requires a Will save.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Elle
Better Than Ezra
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Elle » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:08 pm

Yes, I believe in some cases it requires an entire feature length movie.
Lucy is the cheapest buyable character in the game, as she can be unlocked by purchasing her with 7,000.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:30 am

Troll Street Sam: Oh! Right, right. So what do I roll to de-arm him?
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:17 am

What? It's just a flesh wound!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:24 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:35 am

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:02 pm

"Why would he want to stab me? I'm half-naked!"
--cleric of Sharess
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:36 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:43 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:30 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:07 am

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:09 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:55 am

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:34 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:45 am

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:38 am

Yeah, that's the whole point: "OUT OF CONTEXT"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:05 pm

I totally agree! I especially like the one about not body-shaming the golem! No context and words of wisdom to live by!
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:05 pm

Return to “The Gaming Table”