[Movies] Rampage

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

[Movies] Rampage

Postby Zen » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:49 am

O... K.... then... So... they made a movie out of... the video game Rampage... Here's the My only question: WHY?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: [Movies] Rampage

Postby Mike » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:52 am

Because when you don't own the rights to monster-on-mech fighting, then kaiju on kaiju is the next best thing.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:58 am

And Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson isn't actually that bad of an action star and is willing to do cheese?
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:05 am

Look, I wasn't a fan of Pacific Rim, and this movie is doing nothing for me, but you have giant monsters destroying cities while fighting other giant monsters, AND it's a buddy-action-flick where Rock is best friends with Son-of-Kong. It'll make some money.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:43 am

I'm fucking stoked for this.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:45 am

mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Apr 13, 2018 3:50 pm

as a HORROR FAN over all else it tickles my pickle, hell it almost full on gobbles my pickle(is that a phrase?) that A QUIET PLACE is going to KICK RAMPAGE UP AND DOWN THE BLOCK at the BO this weekend.
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:57 am

I saw RAMPAGE Friday morning and it hit a lot of the same 'so dumb and so awesome' notes as Power Rangers and Monster Trucks. They got how to give us a movie that echoed the video game. I loved it.

In addition to that, they did something really smart. There are a lot of people of color in the movie and there's nobody treating them different because of their race. It isn't Black Panther, but it is something to be applauded.

George the Gorilla is great fun. Of COURSE he's stealing the scene every time he's on the screen. He's a giant gorilla.

My one take back on the movie is they pushed the violence and gore pretty far for a PG-13 movie. I don't mind, but the body count is high and there are some pretty nasty kills.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."

Return to “Nerd Talk”