Valentine's Day

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Valentine's Day

Postby Phoebe » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Do you "celebrate" this or whatever? In the middle ages this means having to go fetch up some kind of candy to which no child in the class is allergic, and spend the whole damn night taping it to pieces of paper. Then your kid comes home all sugared up and about to drop a bunch of wrappers and such around the home, or if they're some versions of Jewish or other religion, having been ostracized to some alternate room and made to learn they are not permitted candy and love from friends. It's a fiasco; we should boycott forever. There should be, like, "candy week" where the kids get a piece of candy for no good reason once a day, and then for adults you just know that's the secret code for "have sex week" and everyone gets to go to work late in case sleep is preferable.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Re: Valentine's Day

Postby mimekiller » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:38 pm

yep, a lady that lives in the bay area that I enjoy greatly took a vacation to spend the week with me so yea, should be a good V day.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:57 pm

I have grown up around florists all my life. So I have seen the messy commercial side from a young age. I never cared for it.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:10 pm

bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:48 pm

Goethe said

"and if I love you, what business is that of yours?"

We've so wrecked romance with our Romantic ideas (and commercial ones).
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:23 pm

Amen. But Goethe can't escape being a romantic. Or like Jane Austen, you know - I like to think Led Zeppelin's Ten Years Gone is about Persuasion. Secret theory, explains a lot!

Return to “Nerd Talk”