The best of 2017

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

The best of 2017

Postby Mike » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:49 am

What is something awesome that happened for you in 2017?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: The best of 2017

Postby Phoebe » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:19 am

Thank you for asking this - I don't know if it's just me, but thinking about uplifting topics is a refreshingly good idea right now.

Good things: people who are ill are not as ill as they could be right now.
2017 meant a new school for Jim that I love so much - he may not like it always, but he has such great teachers and I am so glad he landed there, with a little luck and a little planning coinciding nicely.
Chloe is really happy at her school and with her friends, and she continues to set this amazing foundation of working really hard and accomplishing good things - it's going to serve her well forever if she can keep this up.
Buffy is doing better than she was in some areas and is an amazing musician and artist, and we get to enjoy the fruits of this all the time.
Husband achieved a thing in 2017 in his job I probably shouldn't advertise but it was a good thing and hopefully will lead to benefits going forward.
I have the best parents.
I have the best dog.
A bad thing or fifteen happened in our house but the upside is that, once we have time and money saved, we will make some changes that eventually lead to good things, so hopefully that can be a best of 2018 even if it was a worst moment or few of 2017.
My job is so stressful and overwhelming... it's just over the top. But I am learning a great deal so in that way it has been good, and again, it hopefully sets things up for a very different sort of 2018 where different priorities can be emphasized.
Also this is trivial but I love my gray hair. Yes I know, maybe sounds like a stupid thing to mark for 2017, but my control over diet and exercise is so minimal and random, and I struggle so hard to live a healthy life and am beset at every turn by things dragging me down to poor options, the one thing that is totally uplifting in this area is that I love that damn hair. Sometimes all you have is the hair, and yes to that hair!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:19 pm

My family had an awesome vacation to Oklahoma.

Starfinder!

I went to GenCon with great people, and Dave and I started work on Godball.

There's more, but that's the first stuff that comes to mind.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:20 pm

I found out that my ex girlfriend was dating another guy for most of the year!
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:30 pm

I don't know if you have the right thread. But I don't want to judge what's "awesome" for you.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:56 pm

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:17 pm

Well, all right then!
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:34 pm

-Went to my first NFL Game
-got a raise
-Went to Mammoth Lakes for the first time, one of the prettiest places in CA
-Went to Cherry Lake for the first time
-Got a new AC system that made summer kick ass
-Had my first great post divorce Valentines Day
-MOVIE PASS dropping prices to 9.99 a month and transforming the way I enjoy one of my fav hobbies
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:11 pm

Wow. Good list.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:57 pm

These are good lists. Including Bonefish... It's the kind of thing one does appreciate knowing! Onward, 2018.
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:57 am

Family trip to Hawaii
Daughter got really good grades in college and has really found her footing.
Marched in the DragonCon parade and took two of my daughters to DragonCon and saw lots of Dr. Who actors
My youngest ran varsity cross country
Went to see A Christmas Carol at the Shakespeare Tavern
We got a Yorkie puppy
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:42 pm

Return to “Nerd Talk”