Holiday Plan

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Holiday Plan

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:14 pm

I have a plan but it's unfurling at a snail's pace, and therefore threatening not to unfurl at all. A few gifts were purchased, but mostly no, and nothing is wrapped, and the house needs work, and the decorating needs work, and there are no preparations for a meal that happens in... WOW HAPPENS FAST now that I think about it. Wow. Wow. How is this going to all happen in 4 days? Whoa, it's probably NOT going to, yet it must!
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Re: Holiday Plan

Postby Bonefish » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:18 am

I will finally get home tonight. Get paid tomorrow. Also have to drive down to my mom's house and build a handicap ramp for her, since her surgery has made her no weight bearing.

It's gonna be fun!
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:33 am

The fact that you're like, yeah, just gonna go build a whole ramp, no problem! is awesome, however. I wish I was the kind of person who could be like, okay, time to build me some ramps! and then I could just do it.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:57 am

Well, I am a carpenter.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:13 pm

That explains a lot about why you are going to build a thing. :D
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:26 am

Well, everything was fine. I feel lucky to live as I do, with a maximum of ease and convenience and a minimum of suffering, especially when you consider how much other people suffer, and the many forms it takes, and compare to the span of humanity across the globe or across time. All is well here. Perhaps when you have to step back to the big picture, this is a sign, as the hypnotist says, that "you have needs that are not being addressed". Or whatever. But my attitude is, what good does that observation do anyone? We all have needs and wants, and most of it is bs. We must walk our path as well as we can and be grateful especially when it's such a cushy, nice path.

Return to “Nerd Talk”