Does Your Phone Break?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Does Your Phone Break?

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:52 pm

And if so, how often?
My kid 1 has broken like 8 phones in her life, including some that weren't her own. I have broken a few myself. The last one broke for NO CLEAR REASON at all and it's amazing how when you come to rely on your phone, its absence is infuriating. It has left me in a kind of meditative, let-it-all-go-to-the-wind frame of mind. THANKFULLY I started using paper-and-pencil calendar/planners last year and everyone mocks me but at moments like these I am so grateful, because if I didn't have my paper calendar I'd be fucked, pardon my French but so accurate.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Re: Does Your Phone Break?

Postby mimekiller » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:16 pm

Iphone 3-8 that I currently have I somehow have managed to not break a single one do to always getting protection boxes and not slam dunking them into the toilet.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:52 pm

Maybe I need a damn iphone. I'm not competent or time-awash enough to get the fullest use out of my phone as it is. But I have always had a big shock-protecting case so I have no idea what is going wrong. There was a system update, and I guess that can cause problems?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:28 pm

5 phones in the family. Plus my work phone. Very few broken phones in the last several years.

Aidan's first phone went through the wash five years ago and died. My last phone got a crack in the screen at the age of three just before I replaced it.

Otherwise no issues. For me, cellularoutfitter.com is my friend. Good cases dirt cheap. The boys have rugged cases that protect edges and corners. We take precautions, but I think we've also been very fortunate.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:15 pm

My K7 with case survived numerous throws into parking lots.

Unfortunately... Logs beat case.
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:33 pm

Paul was murder on phones until we got him an otterbox case that is basically life-proof. Since then, no issues. Turkish has had three phones over the last 6 years and hasn't cracked, dinged, or scratched a phone yet. I'm sure it will happen at some point but she's really good with items that need a bit of a gentle hand.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:35 am

Kids break phones all the time, that's why I don't buy phones for kids- they only get hand-me downs.

I've only broken one phone- I jumped into a swimming hole with my phone in my pocket. It fried the phone part, but it served as a fully functioning wifi ipod for another four years (before a kid broke it).
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:39 am

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Dec 19, 2017 11:41 am

Return to “Nerd Talk”