Help with Gmail

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Help with Gmail

Postby Phoebe » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:07 pm

There is something called "conversation mode" in your settings for gmail that can be either On or Off. The only way you can fix it in your settings is when you're at a computer, NOT when you're on your cell phone. It determines whether or not your emails come to you as threaded or grouped or whatever.

So: you have an Exchange account for work because work doesn't use Gmail. It ONLY comes to your phone as an Exchange. You can't log into it via Google on the computer at all. Therefore, the messages all come threaded. Then you stab yourself because work messages are all ginormous threaded threads of threaded threads of threads. Can this be fixed?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Re: Help with Gmail

Postby mimekiller » Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:13 pm

holy shit i have this same issue, SILVER HAIRED OLD FUCKS using emails as some kind of busted ass forum thread that make inboxes almost impossible to navigate. I cant help ya but I can feel your pain.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:06 am

It depends on your phone. On my iPhone, if you go under Settings > Mail, there's a Threading section that allows you to turn it on/off, specify the sort order of emails in the thread, etc.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:47 am

Out of curiosity... on your phone, are you using the actual gmail app, or are you using the default email app that came with your phone to access gmail?

The gmail icon is a white envelope edged with a bold red M. It is labeled Gmail. Your phone's default app is anything saying email that is not that.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:57 am

It's the Gmail app with the red M, which is also the default as there is no other mail.

Return to “Nerd Talk”