Introverts

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Introverts

Postby Phoebe » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:37 pm

Introvert peoples, what you do when you've been overexposed to the other humans and have no end to it in sight? Is there a way to recharge the battery for this? I need to be totally alone for three weeks and instead must not only be with many others every day, but must be "on" and performing many successful human relating functions. This could be one of those quasi-near-Asperger situations where I've got about 500 coins to spend on human interaction per week, and have recently spent 50000.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Re: Introverts

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:09 am

Do what I did: quit your job, become a consultant, and work from your home office in your basement, where you'll spend 10-12 hours a day with just you and your computer. I've been doing that for 6-1/2 years, and it's almost recharged my batteries from 10-1/2 years of having to be "on" for 10-12 hours/day.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:07 am

There are options here. The good ones involve purging the workplace with nuclear fire.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:24 am

Fake a minor yet contagious disease. You'll have an excuse to work from home people will feel sorry for you.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:40 pm

post a lot of cartoons about it on facebook
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:00 am

Either drink more, or arrange to spend one on one time with your kid(s). Cosplay works for some folks, which can be paired with the latter.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Walrus
Bicycle Repairman

Postby Walrus » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:47 pm

I burn out and start biting heads off - people stay away from me - I get better, problem solved.
I'm fluent in 4 languages, know a little in 2 others, but all I speak is sarcasm. :sarcasm:
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:12 pm

There are no words for how happy I am that it's Friday. We have a dinner on Saturday and it dinner on Sunday but at least there will be some quiet time alone to finish up work and solve some things in the Peace of my own Nest.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:40 pm

Drugs. Lots and lots of drugs.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:08 pm

I'm going arts and crafts on this one, but I do understand the appeal of a nice burgundy or the captain.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:02 am

Can't sleep, which is bizarro-world rare and impossible. Je suis une Champion Sleeper. There are no problems sleeping. I'm in a state of exhaustion. At times like these I worry something is wrong out there in the world with someone, as has proven true at other past times. But also I honestly blame this introvert thing. I so need to have time alone. Just completely bombarded by other people, and particularly other people bringing the big time stress! Omg. Phone does not help sleep; nor does reading about random medical symptoms. Everyone here is sleeping including the dog. Must get up in two hours. I need a break but it's pedal to metal all the way to Dec. 26. Help.
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:09 pm

Delegate low stakes tasks, then forget about them. They're low stakes, and if they don't happen or don't happen right, c'est la guerre.

Breathe

Cuddle and demand a bedtime story, then crash a little.

Have someone else drive so you can either take a sec to sort stuff out or doze.

Eat good food. If necessary, have someone else handle prep or fetch.

I once attempted to complete an entire semester in eleven, semi-sleepless days. It was a mistake. Lots of D's, micronapping while crossing the street, falling dead asleep while taking a fortran coding final. Unknown number of days unconscious afterward, peppered by conversations I don't remember.
One lesson, you can eat while sleeping, but you choke. *(thought I could make myself stay awake by constant intake, ha)

If you must budget sleep, be as generous as you can. Push until you think you can't, then stop. Catalyze with a beer, a glass of wine, a hot, hot shower, whatever helps and won't destroy your life in two weeks. (I'd avoid anything stronger.) Reach out. Reshuffle. If game revitalizes you, and is worth three hours, keep it. If you can't afford it, your friends will shift dates gladly. Make changes like this across the board.
Hang in there.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:58 am

Return to “Nerd Talk”