[TV] Future Man

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

[TV] Future Man

Postby Mike » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:14 pm

Warning: Future Man is incredibly juvenile. Often it's outright dumb. The first episode is so much setup and exposition that it's not funny. All that said, I love this show.

It's a Hulu original. Josh Hutcherson stars as the title character. He's a nerdy loser, still living with his parents and working as a janitor. He becomes the first and only person ever to beat the game Biotic Wars. Turns out, the game is a training/testing module sent from the future, so Tiger and Wolf (characters from the game) travel back in time to retrieve him as their ultimate hero and savior. "What? That's the plot of The Last Starfighter," says Josh. Hilarity ensues as it becomes clear that he is in no way a warrior or action hero.

The whole series teeters between stupid sex jokes and bodily humor and some actual clever parody and satire. I'm on episode 9, and I'll be done with the rest by Saturday. All I really want is someone to talk about it with.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: [TV] Future Man

Postby Kyle » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:32 am

I watched the first two episodes and LOVED them for how juvenile and hilarious they were.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:39 am

Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:59 pm

Wow. Satisfying ending. Who'd have guessed?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby mimekiller » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:16 am

On my short list of shows I want to watch after I finish PUNISHER

Return to “Nerd Talk”