I'm so bad at this

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mike
Boy of Summer

I'm so bad at this

Postby Mike » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:15 am

Ask questions without judgment.
Listen without injecting my own opinions.
Embrace the possibility that I might be wrong.

It's so hard to do.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: I'm so bad at this

Postby Eliahad » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:27 am

Well, your words sound a bit like The Way. No, you're not practicing Taoism, but the idea that you do without doing is strong in your words, Mike. You have to remember that you you will fall off the path, but as long as you try to continue on, if that is what you choose to do, then you have found your own way, and you're doing your best to make things around you better. It's a noble, impossible goal, but one that is worth striving for, I think.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:06 am

Y'all are better, nicer people than I am. I have settled merrily into the cranky old lady part of my life span, building upon the success of an earlier cranky period, and I don't intend to abandon the post.
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:02 am

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:10 pm

Especially a problem here... Yet people disagree here, so, paradox... 8-)
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:02 pm

Most cats, having once jumped on a hot stove, will assume the stove is always hot.
We all have our experiences; that's all we've got.
The best feature of a board like this is that it allows people to share their experiences. Sometimes, it'll open up some new way to interpret the world.

If we let it.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:31 pm

Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:39 pm

It ain't safe it ain't safe it ain't safe it ain't safe...

Return to “Nerd Talk”