[Movies] Thor: Ragnorak *SPOILERS*

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

[Movies] Thor: Ragnorak *SPOILERS*

Postby Kyle » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:25 am

THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS FOR THOR! IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SPOILED GO AWAY!
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: [Movies] Thor: Ragnorak *SPOILERS*

Postby Kyle » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:27 am

Y'all. This movie. Oh my god. How great was this movie?

I know it stuck to the Marvel formula. But it executed it so well (much like Gunn does with Guardians) that I LOVED it.

When Hulk smashes Thor around like a ragdoll, Loki's reaction made me laugh hard enough I lost my breath.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Stan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:40 am

It was absolutely great. It wasn't afraid to be dorky. Like when Banner hit the rainbow bridge. Under the new director, Thor is simultaneously goofy and interesting, not as stiff as before.

I thought Cate Blanchett was good but not great. Part of that is that I think the villain needed just a bit more background or something beyond hating Odin. They also really bent the mythos. But I think a more intense actress might have been better.

Really liked Valkyrie and the Jeff Goldblum scenes.

edit: If you like the tone of this movie, you might like What We do in the Shadows by the same director.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:01 pm

Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:17 pm

Any particular lines your kids are quoting?

Mine have a couple. My youngest is a big Hiddleston fan.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:45 pm

I like Cate Blanchett, so I want to say that her performance probably suffered from being mostly in "serious" scenes and only having Karl Urban to work off of most of the time (I also think he's a good actor). It was kind of structured like a comedy with a drama tacked on. Which didn't make me enjoy the movie less, but it is a minor flaw.

I also thought Rhys Davies was in this, because Watiti's performance and accent was a rehash of the "werewolves, not swearwolves" guy from What We Do in the Shadows. Again, not really a knock, because "camp counselor in a life and death situation" is still pretty funny. Like Korg as the leader of the Revolution and the Grandmaster as the despot on the other side are meant for each other.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:48 pm

I enjoyed the weird stuff on Skarr with Hulk/Thor, Asgard cotinues to be the most boring location ever and I'm glad it got blown the fuck up.

Weird to tease my ass with dozens of cool looking aliens and a ARENA and only show ME ONE ARENA FIGHT WHHHYYYYYYYYYYYY

BUt yea overall enjoyable even if I'm getting super sick of the YO WE GOTS TO STOP THE BAD GUY FROM GETTING X story.
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:53 pm

Don't worry, has you covered.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:00 pm

yea FOX is doing some cool stuff with the xmenverse, I hope DISNEY Stays far away from Fox, that shit would get shut down real quick./

Return to “Nerd Talk”