D&D vs Pathfinder

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

D&D vs Pathfinder

Postby Phoebe » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:34 pm

My kid is embarking upon the playing of D&D with her friends. This is the first. They are going to play both in person and on roll20. Is it wrong to spy on them? Also is it wrong for me to lobby for them trying Pathfinder, since they don't have a clear path with clear GM preference and plan yet?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: D&D vs Pathfinder

Postby Mike » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:29 pm

Not wrong to spy. Not wrong to lobby.

Pathfinder has the advantage of all of its extensive rules being available for free online.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:52 am

5E D&D is a much simpler, smoother game, yet still has flexibility in chargen - much better for beginners. The core rules are free online.

There's also free quickstart versions of CoC (5e or 7e) and FATE which would be quick to get into.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:10 am

I am overly interested in what they're going to do. Wonder what kind of character my kid is going to play. She was like, I'm going to be a dragon! And I said well... And I just didn't finish the thought because I didn't feel like I should be the bad messenger.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:35 am

Reel on a repeating loop
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:54 am

I'm just glad someone's getting to play an RPG
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:32 am

Return to “Nerd Talk”