Bowe Bergdahl

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mimekiller
Standard Bearer
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Bowe Bergdahl

Postby mimekiller » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:11 pm

Dude just got a dishonorable discharge with zero prison time which I'm ok with even if it makes the Cheeto in chief pour smoke out of his ears. What do you guys think? A fair punishment or should of he got something more strict from jail time up to being executed?
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Re: Bowe Bergdahl

Postby Bonefish » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:55 pm

I think the punishment for treason is rather well known. I say shoot him, hang him, then shoot him again.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:18 pm

Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Man, fuck that guy. He deserted his post. He deserted his brothers. He went to join an enemy of America. Shoot him, hang him, shoot him again. It's also probably the most merciful thing: what's he going to do now with a DC and his reputation?
WillyGilligan
Harvey Dent

Postby WillyGilligan » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:49 pm

Man spent years in Taleban captivity. I'm not crying tears over it, all things considered, but Leavenworth would be a step up for him. This way we don't have to pay for his upkeep.

Did they prove he was trying to join them?
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:54 pm

yea my understanding is he was captured after wandering off but I haven't been following this case to closely past what the serial podcast provided, boner you should check out serial season 2 about this guy, not that it will change your mind but it's just super interesting.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:59 pm

My buddy Josh keeps telling me that too. I just don't do podcasts, ya know?
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:42 am

in the words of Hanover Fist a la "Heavy Metal":

I am not sure he is guilty of treason. Most of the things I have read describe only desertion. There is a big difference. I am not happy at all that he isn't being punished and I think that does not sit well with anyone who has a sense of justice. There is no doubt that politics have perverted justice in this case from all sides.

"On Monday, Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl admitted deserting his Afghan post as well as misbehaving before the enemy and endangering fellow troops, confirming the betrayal several veterans who served alongside him have alleged for years. Though capital punishment is not in the offing, he does face life in prison at his sentencing later this month." -NY Post
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:47 am

throughout history, desertion in the face of the enemy has been punished severely. It's one of the worst betrayals you can perform.

Return to “Nerd Talk”