Things going better...

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Things going better...

Postby Zen » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:31 am

For those of you who are aware of the family issues my that were going on during the last Rise of the Runelords gaming session, I thought I'd toss out an update:

Things are going considerably better.

There was major improvement late last week and, as of yesterday, everything is back to "normal" in our lives, albeit with three weeks worth of "crap on a stick" that needs to be sorted through now that life is back to the normal "crap on a platter".

Luckily, I believe the policies in place offer the individual who was suffering from said "crap on a stick" infestation a significant amount of time to get things in order that were missed during those three weeks and one of the most important items on the agenda, which has potential to impact that person's future significantly, was due today, and could not be delayed because it is something that is entirely an outside requirement, was completed on time thanks to their outstanding organizational skills despite the rain of shit over the past few weeks.

That is all...

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Re: Things going better...

Postby Tahlvin » Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:04 am

Glad to hear it.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Nov 01, 2017 12:36 pm

Good to know and glad to hear. I'm going to start borrowing phrase crap on a platter, thanks, as distinct from when it appears on a stick.
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!

Postby Iantha » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:21 am

Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:56 am

I also like, "Oh, that's craptacular."
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:22 am

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Ronster
Maverick's Wingman

Postby Ronster » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Sorry to hear that you had so much to deal with. I am happy to that things have begun to turn the corner.
접근금지야 이젠 접근금지야
이젠 접근금지야 너가 사과하기 전까지

Return to “Nerd Talk”