Accessibility in tabletop gaming

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
FlameBlade
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Accessibility in tabletop gaming

Postby FlameBlade » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:41 pm

There is an blog post floating around that talks about accessibility in tabletop games. Discuss.

http://www.randomtues.com/accessibility ... op-gaming/
Heracles. Fists. Pantheon.

Clue in ancient Greece.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Re: Accessibility in tabletop gaming

Postby Eliahad » Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:51 pm

I think that's a lot to digest and will take some time to have a thorough discussion.
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:47 pm

If it's something we want to achieve in online gaming, surely it's something we want to achieve in tabletop gaming. But I would make a big distinction in the material presented in that article between things done in game design versus things done to host games and accommodate players. Seems more effective to think about those separately, though obviously there are areas of overlap where design determines how you can set things up.
mimekiller
Standard Bearer

Postby mimekiller » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:33 pm

yea makes sense, you should be aware of what's going on with your friend group so you can engage in games like this so they have a good time.

It's why I make sure people know I have a open bar at my place to make sure they are not alcoholics that will fall off the wagon after one look

Return to “Nerd Talk”