[Deep Thoughts] Keep up with my people

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

[Deep Thoughts] Keep up with my people

Postby Kyle » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:10 am

What does the ideal life look like?
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [Deep Thoughts] Keep up with my people

Postby Iantha » Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:05 pm

For us? Small house in the city with good public transportation, a commercial grade kitchen, and jobs that allow us to live comfortably (no crazy vacations required, just at least enough to pay our bills and save for retirement) and spend time with family (no more than 50 hours per week per working adult).
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Re: [Deep Thoughts] Keep up with my people

Postby Phoebe » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:17 pm

I don't think there is such a thing. But ok -
a life that doesn't involve injustice, and ideally even reduces the rest of the injustice somewhat. Could happen in many ways. I'm trying to live that sort of life but likely failing. Today was odd in that respect - both the good and bad.

If this means a preferred mode of existing, I like my life fine but would make some key adjustments. More time, in general. More time with family, in particular. Much, much quieter. More reading and actual writing. More being outdoors, more pine trees, more waves, more mountains. Less anger, more planning ahead, less waiting around for no clear purpose. More walking, more swimming, more going on bike rides, more cooking food I like, more sleep, more waking up at sunrise, less laundry, more music, more playing instruments, less dog vomit, colder, more iron in the blood, more gardening, more sewing, more cats, fewer meetings... just some minor adjustments I would appreciate but same basic life.

Return to “Nerd Talk”