Bread Alignment

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Bread Alignment

Postby Kyle » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:43 am

Oh my god. I'm Chaotic Neutral.

via: https://twitter.com/aurelianrabbit/stat ... 3846275072
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Bread Alignment

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:48 am

I guess I'm neutral; usually lawful neutral, but chaotic neutral often enough. My kids, however, are perpetually stuck at chaotic evil.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:01 pm

Lawful Neutral when I can be. Chaotic Neutral when I have to be.

I mean, I have twist-ties in the drawer, so I could always have a tie or clip if I wanted, but if someone's lost it, it's not really worth the effort of getting out a new one. Twist and tuck. I mean, how long's that loaf gonna last anyway?
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Zen » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:06 pm

Actually, I would say that Chaotic Neutral is taking the "good pieces" and leaving the misshapen pieces in the bag, including having most of the pieces at the top being sideways in the bag instead of flat, making it clear that you reached past them to get the pieces you wanted, leaving bits of whatever was on your forearms or shirt sleeves on those pieces, possibly causing damage to some of those pieces in the process, like bending them or ripping the corners, and showing absolutely no regard for the other people who might want bread out of that loaf.

(This is an embellishment on a George Carlin routine...)

That said:

Lawful Neutral by nature
Neutral Good by loss or breakage
Chaotic Neutral if pressed for time and the loaf is almost gone.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:24 pm

I have some serious concerns & objections to this classification system. However they have lawful evil spot on and that's where my husband is.

Anyone who puts a rubber band on a bread sack is some species of evil so I cannot imagine why that would be true neutral.

What they have is lawful neutral is in fact lawful or neutral good, and pretty much everything in the good column is either neutral or evil instead.
Stan
Ninja Carpenter

Postby Stan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:28 pm

lawful neutral.
Though, when buying vegetables at the grocery store, I'm lawful evil.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:57 pm

Generally Lawful neutral to lawful evil.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:33 pm

Wife has made me lawful neutral, but otherwise chaotic neutral. I've tied knots if the bread is travelling, but I do that loopy knot that you can pull apart from it's ends.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:40 pm

DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:44 pm

Lawful evil, tendencies to neutral evil.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:46 pm

Does anyone here actually own a bread box or know someone who does?
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:54 pm

Me.
Eliahad
Mr. 3025

Postby Eliahad » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:40 pm

You ARE evil!
"What are you going to do?"
"I'm going to roll an 8."
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:25 am

No bread box. It is NOT lawful good. We have a bread area built into our kitchen counter (like a miniature bread garage) and it's terrifying. Obviously Ron insists that we use it! The bread is all in there right now. I haven't touched it for days.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:51 am

Yeah, I don't care for the bread box. All breadstuff that goes in there is still in the original bags, so it's not doing anything for freshness at this point. And when it's in the breadbox, the kids are incapable of finding it, and bread will go bad. Set it on top of the breadbox, and any bag of baked goods is gone in 2 or 3 days tops.

I use it for hiding secret snacks. No one ever opens it.
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:57 am

My mother had a bread DRAWER. It was a deep drawer with a sliding metal cover with ventilation holes on it for storing bread. That was where all of the bread was stored in the house I grew up in, after the kitchen was remodeled that is. I think she started storing it in the fridge or freezer later in life when it was just she and my dad.
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:22 am

Some people who grew up at any point in life without the miracle of refrigeration will put bread in the fridge as if it's a good thing. In the worst cases they freeze and rethaw and act as if it tastes just as good. All of this is madness. It is one of the very few parental behaviors I cannot understand or get on board with. Do not freeze bread! Better to let it die than freeze. I feel this way because I've never relied upon bread to satisfy hunger, or lost valuable bread to spoilage that I couldn't easily replace.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:03 pm

Or found bread on sale and bought enough to freeze it because pennies matter. Or had to stock up for a coming storm. There's lots of reasons to freeze bread. And while it may or may not taste as good, they're probably buying cheap, low quality bread to start with if money is that tight, so even fresh, it wouldn't taste nearly as good as the gourmet, artisanal stuff that you're used to.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:15 pm

And just to be clear, I'm sarcastically calling you an elitist. I've been in your home and met your lovely children, and I'm fully aware that you are not like that.
Bonefish
Harvard Dropout

Postby Bonefish » Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:42 pm

do you eat white or wheat? I've found wheat tends to mold up a lot quicker than white, and since I like wheat...

Return to “Nerd Talk”