Prepper Videos

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Prepper Videos

Postby Cazmonster » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:01 am

Dangitall. I like watching people make stuff and be smart and hopefully prepare for a time when they can help others. (At least that's what I would do if I had a bunch of stuff prepared for things going south.)

And then I forget about autoplay and hear somebody's wife talking about how important it is to submit to their husband because of the Bible. It just wrecks the whole thing and I get mad that the goatherders' book is still running people's lives. I know there are religious people here and I know you're all good people. I also think that when you're making your choices it is your moral compass you use first.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: Prepper Videos

Postby Kyle » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:52 am

Yeah- I love the "primitive" videos and that stuff. But the politics that usually goes with it is a dealbreaker. There's an Australian guy who makes a shit ton of stuff with only stone-age tools. I'll look for the link. The best part is that there's no talking. Just this guy making huts and bows and fishing nets out of rocks and reeds.

I tend towards the maker videos for this reason.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:17 am

Same happens with stuff like cooking/recipes, sewing, home organizing. You'll find a great site and then discover it goes with a side dish of screwy.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:53 am

Same is true with a lot of teacher videos/websites/podcasts.
Reel on a repeating loop

Return to “Nerd Talk”