[Deep Thoughts] I've Had a Few

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

[Deep Thoughts] I've Had a Few

Postby Kyle » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:02 am

If you died today, what regrets would you have about your life?
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: [Deep Thoughts] I've Had a Few

Postby Mike » Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:29 am

Drinking all that hemlock.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Iantha
This. Is. SPARTA!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Iantha » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:56 pm

Not being able to finish my degree.
akiva
Melancholy Camper

Postby akiva » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:28 pm

That I squandered so much.
Reel on a repeating loop
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:31 am

No regrets. Alternatively: I would have done about a million little things differently in life with the benefit of perfect hindsight. But that's life.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Aug 17, 2017 5:20 am

What she said. There's little things I'd change, but overall I'm satisfied with the major course of my life.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:20 am

Ditto! I'd say that the biggest one is not finishing my advanced degree, but, at the same time, I'd lost my desire to pursue it, so there was no real reason to continue. I wouldn't trade where I am now for the life that would have given me, that's for sure...
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin

Return to “Nerd Talk”