Wear your umbrella

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Wear your umbrella

Postby Kyle » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:28 pm

This is a thing:

Although I think it begs the question: Why not just wear a raincoat? I don't see an advantage to this other than looking like a background character from Futurama.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Wear your umbrella

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:34 pm

I see a lot of bonking into people at very inconvenient heights.
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:00 pm

I like the kids version that is more translucent and protects the backpack. Like the worst thing about umbrellas, I'd like to see how it'd handle any amount of wind.
DMDarcs
No-Life Loser

Postby DMDarcs » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:47 am

A good updraft, and that thing swoop up and smacks you in the face.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:54 am

The primary reason I use an umbrella is to keep the rain from getting on my glasses. This doesn't look like it would help that any more than wearing a hooded sweatshirt. No thank you.
Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:54 am

... Jane, his wife... Daughter Judy....
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin

Return to “Nerd Talk”