[Movie] Beauty and the Beast

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

[Movie] Beauty and the Beast

Postby Kyle » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:59 am

How much do I love Emma Watson? How much?

Not enough to finish watching this fucking movie.

Oh my god. So much singing. And- am I wrong or are they using the script from the animated movie?

But seriously, the singing- it was ALL THE TIME. So much singing.

And the CGI on the beast was laughably CGI. Like- it looked like a CGI beast. That's not acceptable anymore right? How am I wrong about this?

How am I wrong about this entire movie? It's the biggest movie so far this year-- BY 120 MILLION DOLLARS.

And it's not just me, with the exception of my 19 year old son (who loved the cartoon), every other member of my family voted to turn it off after the first hour. We all hated it. The 19 year old finished it out and said, "It was good, but not nearly as good as the original."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: [Movie] Beauty and the Beast

Postby Mike » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:12 pm

Must be the difference between big screen and little screen.

But yes... it was 80% a shot for shot remake of the original with extra music thrown in and some expository stuff to make the whole thing as minimally Stockholmy as possible.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:44 pm

Okay- but Beast looked just awful. He looked like a CG creature, which is not something we see much any more.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:55 pm

That was better on the big screen - or maybe I forgot to wear my glasses that day so didn't notice. I feel like they couldn't handle the "Be Our Guest" sequence in the live action compared to the animation, but otherwise it was fine.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:01 am

This movie-- which I understand is universally loved-- is a good example of how I just don't like musicals. I actually get why people like this, but I just can't get past the singing. I actually could look past the sketchy CGI (although now I'm wondering why everyone who saw it in theaters thought it looked good, but it looks like 2011 on my big screen)- but I just don't like musicals.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:46 pm

OMG three repeated posts to say why this CGI is dogshit, eh? But... not trolling.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:50 pm

Defensive much?

Return to “Nerd Talk”