[movie] The Love Witch

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

[movie] The Love Witch

Postby Kyle » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:17 pm

Watched this today. Very much enjoyed it and tried to explain it to my wife in a nutshell: made to look like a kitchy-60s horror, it was a very complicated movie that presented itself as a simple and stupid movie. It had a very complex message about feminism, female-sexuality and male expectations. Anyone seen it?
buckett
Orange Troubleshooter
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: [movie] The Love Witch

Postby buckett » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:22 pm

It's a really smart feminist movie so, fittingly for a movie where [spoilers], I spent half the movie doing this over the female lead:

Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: [movie] The Love Witch

Postby Kyle » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:24 pm

I loved that all the women were cover-model beautiful and all the men were gross, sweaty, hairy 60s looking dudes. There were a lot of layers to unwrap in this movie, and i really liked it.

Return to “Nerd Talk”