My Martian Manhunter Tattoo

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

My Martian Manhunter Tattoo

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:25 am

So DC did a recent Looney Toons/DC Heroes crossover series which-- much to my delight-- featured this:

And this inspired me. I already have a Marvin the Martian tattoo on my right shoulder, and it looks kind of like this, but with the gun pointing straight forward:

So now I think I need a Martian Manhunter tattoo on my left. (At some other point, we'll discuss the epic John Carter of Mars back tattoo.) Which way do I go with it? On the one hand, there's the traditional Martian Manhunter:

But this is highly detailed and very prone to being done poorly. Or at the very least- any mistakes are going to be very noticeable. On the other hand, I could go for a cartoony/anime Martian Manhunter like this:

This is starting to appeal to me. Not only is it simpler and easier to get a good rendering from a tattoo artist- but it's cartoony nature seems to fit better with the Marvin the Martian that I already have.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: My Martian Manhunter Tattoo

Postby El Jefe » Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:47 pm

Cartoony. Without extreme expense and very, very high talent...the other one will just look like ass.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Cazmonster
Silent but Deadly

Postby Cazmonster » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:57 am

What about a Bruce Timm take on Martian Manhunter - like this?

Outside of the comics, that's my favorite take on him.
"...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."
Mike
Boy of Summer

Postby Mike » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:14 am

All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Tahlvin
Scottish Joker

Postby Tahlvin » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:36 am

Wash: "This is gonna get pretty interesting."
Mal: "Define interesting."
Wash: "Oh, God, oh, God, we're all gonna die?"
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:51 am

Return to “Nerd Talk”