Han Solo in Trouble?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Han Solo in Trouble?

Postby Kyle » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:28 am

The Young Han Solo movie is not in trouble, but the recent news about it can't be good.

With 3 weeks left on initial filming, , the directors of the movie. You may think- who cares? What's special about these guys? But you know Lord and Miller-- they made the Lego Movie into a Block-buster (see what I did there?) and the Jumpstreet movies. They're known to be funny but stylish. They seemed to be a perfect fit for the young Han movie. It wasn't budget issues is was "creative differences."

But what's more concerning to me is this: is Disney having a problem with these anthology movies? Remember when Rogue One was going to be a war movie, but then Disney decided to reshoot the entire third act and change the movie entirely? And the end product was a Rogue One movie that was comparable in intelligence and depth to Suicide Squad? We can all agree on that last point.

I don't know what the rift was to fire your directors with 80% of filming complete, but this isn't a good thing for Disney. Don't get me wrong- the movie will make a bundle, I'm sure. But if I'm in charge of things at Disney, I see a troubling trend here with my Star Wars movies.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Re: Han Solo in Trouble?

Postby Kyle » Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:36 am

Also wanted to point out- two directors who were fired off their superhero movies (albeit before filming started) were Edgar Wright off of Ant Man and Patty Jenkins off of Thor 2: The Dark World. I'll also point out that these are two of the weakest entries in the MCU.

Also this- how good should Patty Jenkins feel about that now that she's won ALL THE THINGS for Wonder Woman?
poorpete
Trailer Trash

Postby poorpete » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:45 pm

... and Edgar Wright's "Baby Driver" is my most anticipated movie of the summer.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby El Jefe » Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:32 pm

The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Phoebe
Canned Helsing

Postby Phoebe » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:04 pm

I don't really care what Han Solo was doing in his youth and frankly I feel like it will destroy some of his mystique if we find out. They have to make him some kind of hero, and one of the interesting things about him both as a character and in the larger sense of the Star Wars mythology and universe is that he's a little questionable around the edges as a hero. Maybe that makes him a better hero, but I don't really want to know HOW his ways were forged. I will see this damn movie anyway, obviously, but I won't want to on some level.
El Jefe
Cleric Thief

Postby El Jefe » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Also, Baby Driver wins the thread.
The PA Fat Dutchman Mk II
"Amish Shoo-Fly Pie Boogaloo"
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:02 pm

Return to “Nerd Talk”