Sexy glasses?

A place for more serious(ish) topics. If you want to have an actual discussion... try it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Sexy glasses?

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:31 pm

I'm getting weirded out by what's passing as beautiful glasses on beautiful people these days. Are we going back in time? Here:

Now look-- all three of these celebrities are beautiful and they look beautiful wearing those glasses. But look closer. Maybe they look beautiful despite the glasses. I mean, these look like the glasses Ralphie wore in a Christmas Story (and I did my whole childhood) with their thick plastic frames. But then I saw the most handsome man alive being interviewed last night wearing atrocious glasses:

No, Jon Hamm! No! You've gone too far and exposed the lie. We have to stop this now, or else we'll be raising a generation of kids who think they want chunky plastic frames, only to be ridiculed for it the rest of their lives when their children look back at pictures of them. This is inhumane and must. stop. now.
Mike
Boy of Summer

Re: Sexy glasses?

Postby Mike » Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:14 pm

Oh. Talk nerdy to me, Justin.
All I know is my food tastes better when I take my food-tastes-better pill.
Phoebe
Canned Helsing
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Phoebe » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:06 pm

These are all very bad glasses. My kid has a few pair of amazing glasses - I hesitate to label my daughter's glasses as "sexy", but on the right 28 year old person, they would be. Something went wrong with the stylists re: the above choices.
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:29 pm

Blame Lisa Loeb!
"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
Kyle
Soaked in Vomit

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:33 pm

Zen
Squirrel Nut Zipper

Postby Zen » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:45 pm

"The lines between kindness, apathy, and thickheadedness can be very thin." - Nakatani Nio Sensei
“The direction of escape is toward freedom. So what is ‘escapism’ an accusation of?” - Ursula K. Le Guin
bralbovsky
Twisted Sister

Postby bralbovsky » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:12 pm

Her line of specs was steeped in irony. Clark Kent, Diana Prince, Dorothy Parker, all hotties 'hiding' behind glasses and their secret/not secret message of intellect over appearance.

Only attractive people can get away with this. It's shameless peacocking.
"Before enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water.
After enlightenment, you chop the wood and carry the water."

Return to “Nerd Talk”